ANZ is fully committed to Fiji, where we’ve had a proud and long history.
ANZ was first established in the old capital of Levuka as the Union Bank of Australia in 1880. We established our first Suva branch in 1883.
In 1951, the Bank of Australasia merged with the Union Bank of Australia to form ANZ Bank Limited.
We’ve since continued to grow our presence in Fiji with the acquisition of the Fiji operations of Barclays and Grindlays Banks in 1985, Bank of New Zealand in 1990, and Bank of Hawaii in 2002.
In 2002 we also opened our operations centre in Kalabo, now called the Suva Hub (Pacific Operations Ltd), to support our growth in the Pacific through the centralisation of ANZ Pacific’s regional operations into a single shared service centre.
Fiji is also the location of our Pacific Headquarters in Suva (which shifted from our global headquarters in Melbourne in 2013), and now supports countries all across the Pacific.
We now operate branches, ATMs, and POS services country-wide, continuing the rich ANZ Fiji history stretching back over 137 years.