MoneyMinded is a comprehensive suite of financial education resources for adults, developed by ANZ and used by financial counsellors and community educators in assisting people to build their money management skills, knowledge and confidence.
We partner with community organisations who train financial counsellors and community educators to become accredited MoneyMinded facilitators and deliver financial education to their clients. They also have free access to training materials and resources to support their delivery of the program, which include facilitator guides, participant workbooks, case studies and visual teaching aids.
The program is designed to be flexible and can be delivered through group workshops, individual counselling sessions, or online via the MoneyMinded website. Facilitators can select the topics that meet the specific needs of participants.
MoneyMinded does not directly promote ANZ products and provides unbiased consumer education.
MoneyMinded is the most widely used financial literacy program in Australia. It is delivered nationally in partnership with the following community organisations:
- Anglicare SA
- The Benevolent Society
- Berry Street Victoria
- Brotherhood of St Laurence
- Kildonan UnitingCare
- The Smith Family
The program was developed by ANZ in conjunction with the Centre for Learning Innovation at NSW Department of Education and Training and an advisory committee including Financial Counselling Australia (formerly the Australian Financial Counselling and Credit Reform Association), the Financial Counsellors Association of NSW (FCAN), the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) and community sector representatives.
New Zealand, Asia and the Pacific
In 2010, we adapted MoneyMinded for delivery in the Pacific. The MoneyMinded program has since expanded its reach to 19 markets in addition to Australia: American Samoa, China, Cook Islands, Fiji, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Kiribati, Myanmar, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Taiwan, Timor Leste, Vanuatu and Vietnam.
Program delivery is through a mix of community partners and our employees, trained and accredited to deliver MoneyMinded.
The benefits of MoneyMinded
For more than a decade, MoneyMinded has supported people to develop money management skills, knowledge and confidence essential to modern life.
We evaluate the reach and impact of MoneyMinded regularly.
- MoneyMinded in New Zealand Impact Report 2015 (PDF 1.84MB)
- The reach and impact of MoneyMinded in the Asia Pacific 2013-14 and summary of MoneyMinded online pilot evaluation (PDF 423kB)
- MoneyMinded in India Impact Report 2014 (PDF 3.89MB)
- MoneyMinded in Fiji Impact Report 2013 (PDF 584kB)
- MoneyMinded in Solomon Islands Impact Report 2013 (PDF 496kB)
- MoneyMinded Report (PDF 1.24MB)
- MoneyMinded Workshops and Mentoring Pilot Research Report (PDF 784kB)
- MoneyMinded in Taiwan Impact Report (PDF 3.51MB)
- MoneyMinded in Singapore Impact Report (PDF 676kB)
- MoneyMinded in India Impact Report (PDF 1.59MB) - conducted by Tata Institute of Social Sciences with assistance from Anushree Parekh of Samhita Social Ventures.
- MoneyMinded in Vietnam Impact Report (PDF 500kB)
- MoneyMinded in Indonesia Impact Report (PDF 520kB)
- MoneyMinded Report (PDF 688kB)
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.