- ANZ traces its origins to the Bank of Australasia, which opened its first office in Sydney in 1835. The bank established a Melbourne office in 1838, where ANZ's world headquarters is located today at 833 Collins Street, Melbourne.
- ANZ is a publicly listed company, and was incorporated on 14 July 1977 in Australia. Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited is the main holding and operating company for the Group and our registered office is ANZ Centre, Level 9, 833 Collins Street, Docklands, Victoria, Australia.
- We are one of the five largest and most successful listed companies in Australia, and we are the number one bank in New Zealand.
- We have assets of AU$531.74 billion (as at 30 September 2010).
- We operate in more than 32 countries across Australia, New Zealand, the Pacific, Europe, Dubai, USA and Asia including our technology and operations centre in Bangalore, India.
- We have 411,692 shareholders (excludes employees whose only ANZ shares are held in trust under ANZ Employee share schemes).
- ANZ shares and related securities are listed on the Australian and New Zealand exchanges.
- Find out more about ANZ
- We have around 8 million customers worldwide.
- Our independent Customer Advocate is committed to resolve particularly difficult personal and small business customer complaints.
- Find out more about ANZ customers
- We employ more than 48,000 people around the world.
- We are striving towards a culture where all activities are based on living the ANZ values.
- We regularly measure the level of engagement of our employees globally.
- Our employee engagement score is currently 64%.
- Find out more about ANZ employees
- We are leading the way in Australia on financial literacy and inclusion.
- The Saver Plus program has been recognised as one of the most successful of its kind in the world.
- We also seek to use our resources and skills to contribute solutions to some of the challenges facing communities.
- Find out more about ANZ in the community
- In 2010, ANZ was assessed as the world's most sustainable bank by the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fourth consecutive year ANZ’s global headquarters, ANZ Centre, was recognised as a 'world leader' in environmentally sustainable design by the Green Building Council of Australia.
- Find out more about ANZ and the environment
Unless otherwise stated, all figures are accurate as at 28 March 2011 unless otherwise indicated.