Our history dates back over 175 years. We are committed to building lasting partnerships with our customers, shareholders and communities in 32 countries in Australia, New Zealand, throughout Asia and the Pacific, and in the Middle East, Europe and America.
We provide a range of banking and financial products and services to around 8 million customers. We employ 48,000 people worldwide.
We aim to become a super regional bank. This involves growing our presence in the Asia Pacific region and source 25-30% of earnings from our Asia Pacific Europe and America Division by 2017, while also being very focused on growth in our core domestic businesses in Australia and New Zealand.
We have a coherent strategy to drive competitive advantage:
- Balanced exposure to Asia's growth
- Regional connectivity
- Growing financial services market
- Strong domestic markets
Building super regional capabilities
- Bench strength/talent
- Technology operations hubs
- Global core brand
- Governance and risk management
- Building leading product capability
- Deep understanding of customer needs
- Resources, agribusiness, infrastructure
- Trade and investment flows
- Migration/people flows/education