In relation to corporate governance, ANZ's Board seeks to:
- embrace principles and practices it considers to be best practice internationally
- be an 'early adopter', where appropriate, by complying before a published law or recommendation takes effect
- take an active role in discussions of corporate governance best practice and associated regulation in Australia and overseas.
ANZ's 2013 Corporate Governance Statement can be accessed below:
As a company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), ANZ is required to disclose how it has applied the ASX Corporate Governance Council's Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendations (ASX Governance Principles) during the financial year, explaining any departures from them.
ANZ has complied with each of the ASX Governance Principles throughout the 2013 financial year.
Full details of the location of the references in ANZ's 2013 Corporate Governance Statement (and elsewhere) which specifically set out how ANZ applies each of the ASX Governance Principles can be found in the document below:
Copies/Summaries of some of ANZ's key documents related to Corporate Governance can be found on this webpage below:
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is responsible to shareholders for the governance of the Group, and oversees its operations and financial performance.
- ANZ Board Meetings (PDF 36kB)
- Board composition, selection and appointment (PDF 32kB)
- Board Renewal and Performance Evaluation Protocol (PDF 36kB)
- Committee Memberships (PDF 32kB)
- Director independence criteria (PDF 40kB)
- Director independence review process (PDF 36kB)
- Fit and Proper Policy Summary (PDF 24kB)
- Outside commitments of Non-Executive Directors (PDF 20kB)
Board related charters
The charters below highlight the purpose, powers, and specific responsibilities of ANZ's Board and its Committees.
- ANZ Audit Committee Charter (PDF 32kB)
- ANZ Board Charter (PDF 28kB)
- ANZ Board Committees' Standing Rules (PDF 24kB)
- ANZ Executive Committee Charter (PDF 20kB)
- ANZ Governance Committee Charter (PDF 32kB)
- ANZ Human Resources Committee Charter (PDF 48kB)
- ANZ Risk Committee Charter (PDF 32kB)
- ANZ Shares Committee Charter (PDF 24kB)
- ANZ Technology Committee Charter (PDF 48kB)
Codes of Conduct and Ethics
ANZ has two main Codes of Conduct and Ethics which provide employees and Directors with a practical set of guiding principles to help them make decisions in their day to day work. The Codes embody honesty, integrity, quality and trust, and employees and Directors are required to demonstrate these behaviours and comply with the Codes whenever they are identified as representatives of ANZ.
- ANZ Non-Executive Directors Code of Conduct and Ethics (PDF 192kB)
- ANZ Employee Code of Conduct and Ethics (PDF 368kB)
Conduct and Ethics Policy Framework
The Codes of Conduct and Ethics are supported by detailed policies that together form ANZ's Conduct and Ethics Policy Framework. Summaries of those policies are set out below:
- Fraud Policy Summary (PDF 24kB)
- Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption Policy Summary (PDF 28kB)
- Expense Policy Summary (PDF 20kB)
- Equal Opportunity, Bullying and Harassment Policy Summary (PDF 28kB)
- Health and Safety Policy (PDF 48kB)
- Trading in ANZ Securities Policy (PDF 64kB)
- Whistleblower Protection Policy Summary (PDF 28kB)
Other company policies
Summaries of other relevant company policies are set out below:
- Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Policy Summary (PDF 28kB)
- Continuous Disclosure Policy Summary (PDF 28kB)
- ANZ Significant Accounting Policies (PDF 116kB)
- ANZ Directors Disclosure of Interest Protocol and Procedures for Handling Conflicts of Interest (PDF 29kB)
- ANZ Employee Indemnity Policy (PDF 24kB)
- Stakeholder Engagement Model for Relationship with the External Auditor (PDF 236kB)
- ANZ Gender Balance and Diversity Policy (PDF 32kB)
Other corporate governance matters
Other key corporate governance matters include:
- ANZ Constitution (PDF 196kB)
- ANZ Guidelines for Electronic Communications (PDF 124kB)
- ANZ Shareholder Charter (PDF 32kB)
- Disability Action Plan (PDF 556kB)
- Shareholder Communication and Shareholder Meetings (PDF 16kB)
- ANZ Risk Management Governance in ANZ (PDF 36kB)
- ANZ Customer Charter
Code of Banking Practice
ANZ is a member of the Australian Bankers' Association and we act in accordance with the Code of Banking Practice, a voluntary code which sets standards of good banking practice.
- Code of Banking Practice (PDF 1.03MB)
- Family Law Guidelines related to property proceedings (PDF 68kB)
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.