We can help you bank from home
ANZ Visa Debit Card
The ANZ Visa Debit Card opens up a world of payment options – using money from your everyday or savings account. The card also has the added protection of chip technology, giving you greater security against fraud and theft.
The convenience of contactless payments
The ANZ Visa Debit Card offers contactless payment technology:
- Contactless payments are a fast and easy way to pay. You simply wave at or tap your card on a contactless payment terminal when instructed.
- There’s no need to enter your PIN or provide a signature for purchases equal to or below NZD 35.00disclaimer.
- You can make a contactless payment wherever you see the contactless logo.
Use the card in-store, online and overseas
- Use your ANZ Visa Debit Card anywhere Visa is accepted.
- Shop online or in stores, in the Cook Islands and overseas.
- Withdraw cash at thousands of ATMs worldwide, using money from your ANZ account.
Safety and security
ANZ contactless cards are secured by the same advanced chip technology as an ANZ chip card, which is more secure than a traditional magnetic stripe card.
- Cards are designed in such a way that any information obtained by an unauthorised reader cannot be used to counterfeit the card.
- Cards are monitored by the same ANZ fraud protection system that monitors all ANZ Visa Debit Cards.
ANZ Visa Debit Cards have accessibility features to help visually impaired customers. Features include:
- Cut-out notch to help determine the direction in which to insert the card at ATMs and payment terminals.
- Larger font and a high-visibility leading edge to help insert the card correctly into ATMs and payment terminals.
- Raised tactile indicators to help orientate and identify the card.
How to apply
Find a branch
You can apply for an ANZ Visa Debit Card by visiting your local ANZ Branch during business hours.
The ANZ Visa Debit Card Terms and Conditions (PDF 657kB), Disclosure of Fees and Charges Customer Banking Services brochure (PDF 125kB) and the ANZ Visa Debit Card Brochure (Cook Islands) (PDF 87kB) apply. All fees and charges are subject to change. Additional fees including non-ANZ ATM fees and currency conversion fees may apply for transactions undertaken overseas.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.
Note: For purchases over NZD 35.00 you will need to enter your PIN at the contactless payment terminal.Return