Frequently asked questions
If you have a quick question, sometimes it’s not convenient to call. That’s one reason we’ve introduced an online chat service.
Now when you go to anz.com, you may be asked if you would like to chat with an ANZ representative. With ANZ Live Chat you can ask your question quickly and conveniently, and know you’ll be answered straight away.
Check our FAQs below to find out more about how our online chat service works.
- How do I start a chat session?
- How do I know that I’m really chatting to an ANZ representative?
- Is my chat secure?
- What happens to any information I give you during a chat session?
- What can I chat about?
- Why am I sometimes sent a chat request when I’m on your website, but not always?
- Can you email the chat to me, or can I print out the conversation for my records?
- How else can I contact ANZ Home Loans if chat is not available?
- How do I stop a chat invitation from appearing?
How do I start a chat session?
You can’t actually initiate a session — our customer service agent will send you a chat request when they’re available.
How do I know that I’m really chatting to an ANZ representative?
To make sure your personal banking details are secure at all times, we’ve provided a number of ways for you to check that you’re chatting with an authorised ANZ representative. Firstly, our agents will always identify themselves to you, stating their first name and job title.
Before you reply to them, always make sure:
- you can see a lock icon in the chat window
- the chat window's Internet address (if shown) starts with https://www.anz.com/. Please note that not all browsers will display the Internet address of your chat session
- the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) certificate is registered to ANZ. To check this, simply put your mouse over the chat area, right click it, and choose Properties. You’ll see the certificate name listed there.
Yes, it is. The lock icon in the chat window means you can chat securely with our agent. We protect your security with 128-bit SSL encryption of the chat transcript. Even so, we won’t ask you for your personal details, account number or passwords — and we recommend that you are always careful about disclosing these details.
What happens to any information I give you during a chat session?
What can I chat about?
We can help with information about ANZ’s accounts and services, and any general questions you have about your financial needs.To protect your privacy, ANZ chat representatives can't see or change your account information. So if you need more personal assistance, we may refer you to another ANZ representative for help.
Why am I sometimes sent a chat request when I’m on your website, but not always?
The last thing we want to do is to keep you waiting — so we only invite you to chat when one of our customer service agents is available.
Can you email the chat to me, or can I print out the conversation for my records?
As some of the information you give us during the chat session will be your personal information, we are unable to email you a transcript for privacy reasons. However, you can print out your chat for your records —simply click the print icon on the chat window.
How else can I contact ANZ Home Loans if chat is not available?
You can contact the ANZ Home Loan Hotline on 1800 100 641, from 8am to 9:30pm AEST, Monday to Friday, or 8am to 4:30pm, Saturdays and Sundays.
How do I stop a chat invitation from appearing?
While you can’t block an invitation, if you don’t want to talk, simply ignore or decline the invitation.