Customers with ANZ Platinum, ANZ Low Rate Platinum, ANZ Rewards Platinum, ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum,ANZ Rewards Black and ANZ Frequent Flyer Black can access cover at no extra cost for a range of insurances.
Overseas travel and medical insurance1 gives you peace of mind when travelling overseas, provided by QBE Insurance.
You could save up to $800 on overseas travel and medical insurance (eligibility criteria apply)2.
Overseas travel and medical insurance1 can cover you for up to a period of 6 continuous months when travelling overseas for a range of contingencies including:
- Overseas medical and dental expenses
- Cancellation and additional expenses
- Loss or damage of luggage and travel documents
- Accidental death and permanent disability
- Loss of income
- Personal Liability
- A range of pre-existing medical conditions are automatically covered and cover for other pre-existing medical conditions may be available at an additional cost.
For more information refer to the Premium Cards - insurances booklet (PDF 484kB).
Great value and peace of mind every time you rent a car in Australia with Rental excess cover1.
With your Platinum, ANZ Rewards Black or ANZ Frequent Flyer Black card account, you’re automatically covered by Rental excess cover when you hire a car from a major car rental company in Australia, at no extra cost. Rental excess cover reduces your excess if you have an accident in a car hired by you in Australia. Most car rental companies generally charge around $20 to $30 per day for this type of insurance. Without this cover, your excess for damage to a rental car in the event of an accident could be anywhere between $2,000 to $5,000. In the event of an accident, the Rental excess cover will pay your rental excess over the first $350 up to a maximum of $5,000.
The welcome reassurance of Extended Warranty3.
You can enjoy Extended Warranty on your major personal and household purchases. This automatically covers most purchases with your Platinum, ANZ Rewards Black or ANZ Frequent Flyer Black card account for up to an additional 12 months after the original manufacturer’s Australian warranty expires.
Shop with confidence with 90-day Purchase Security Insurance3.
It’s a great feeling when you’re shopping knowing you have 90-day Purchase Security Insurance. You’ll be covered for most personal items that you purchase on your Platinum, ANZ Rewards Black or ANZ Frequent Flyer Black card account against loss, theft or accidental damage, for 90 days from the date of purchase.
Transport accident cover1.
Your Platinum, ANZ Rewards Black or ANZ Frequent Flyer Black card account also provides you with Transport accident cover which pays a benefit of up to $750,000 in the event of accidental death or up to $375,000 for an injury, while you are a passenger in a licensed plane, tourist bus, train or ferry provided you have paid for the full cost of that transportation with your Platinum, ANZ Rewards Black or ANZ Frequent Flyer Black card account.
Best Price Guarantee Scheme3.
Your Platinum, ANZ Rewards Black or ANZ Frequent Flyer Black card account guarantees you the best price on personal goods purchased in Australia. If you make a purchase on your Platinum, ANZ Rewards Black or ANZ Frequent Flyer Black card account and then find the same product advertised later in a printed catalogue at a cheaper price within 21 days, you can claim back the difference.
Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance3.
You’ll also be covered when you travel within Australia on holiday for a return trip of up to 14 days. When you purchase a return interstate flight fare on your Platinum, ANZ Rewards Black or ANZ Frequent Flyer Black card account, you’ll be protected against unforeseen events including trip cancellation, flight delays and lost or stolen luggage.
1. The Overseas travel and medical insurance master policy, the Transport accident cover master policy and Rental excess cover master policy (the Master Policies) are issued by QBE Insurance Australia Limited ABN 78 003 191 035 AFSL 239545 to ANZ. Cover under the Master Policies is provided to eligible participating cardholders by operation of section 48 of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth), The eligibility criteria which you must meet for each of the Master Policies is set out in the Premium Cards - insurances booklet (PDF 484kB) - Part 1 QBE Product Disclosure Statement and policy wordings. When overseas, we recommend that you carry proof of that you have met the eligibility criteria. Any advice has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You must decide whether or not it is appropriate, in light of your own circumstances, to act on this advice. You should ensure you obtain and consider the PDS before you make any decision to acquire it.
2. This estimate is based on a couple/family purchasing a standard international annual multi - trip policy underwritten by QBE without any customisation for pre-existing conditions or without taking into account any special conditions or requests as of 10 March 2014.
3. Extended Warranty Insurance, 90-day Purchase Security Insurance, Best Price Guarantee Scheme and Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance is underwritten by Zurich Australian Insurance Limited ABN 13 000 296 640, AFSL 232507. Terms and conditions apply to the cover provided. For more information refer to the Premium Cards - insurances booklet (PDF 484kB)– Part 2 Zurich Policy Wordings.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.