Matched savings and financial education program
Saver Plus is a matched savings and financial education program that can assist you to:
- reach a savings goal
- become a regular saver
- build your money management skills.
Saver Plus provides an opportunity to have every dollar saved (up to $500) matched with an additional dollar for your own or your family’s education-related expenses.
There are many benefits to participating in Saver Plus!
More than 11,000 people have joined Saver Plus since the program began in 2003. Participants have used the matched savings provided by ANZ to purchase a wide range of educational items, including computers and computer equipment, text books, school uniforms and school camps. Matched savings can also be used for extra curricular activities such as music lessons and sport.
Participants find the education workshops to be extremely rewarding, and finish the program with improved money management skills and a long term savings habit. Most participants continue to save long after they complete the program.
Saver Plus is available in 60 locations across Australia(PDF 152kB).
You may be eligible to join Saver Plus if you or your partner:
- have a Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card;
- have some regular income from work;
- are at least 18 years old; and
- are a parent or guardian of a child at school or are doing a vocational training course yourself.
You can apply to join Saver Plus by contacting your local Saver Plus Worker in your region. On being accepted into the program, you will set a 10 month savings goal with help from your Saver Plus Worker and will open an ANZ Progress Saver* account.
The program also includes 10 hours of fun, informal financial education workshops.
Once you successfully complete the program, ANZ matches your savings dollar-for-dollar, up to $500. This money can be used for education costs (either your children's or your own) such as computers, uniforms, books and sports equipment.
To apply for Saver Plus:
Saver Plus is an initiative of Brotherhood of St Laurence and ANZ, delivered in partnership with Berry Street, The Benevolent Society and The Smith Family and other local community agencies. The program is funded by ANZ and the Australian Government Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs, with ANZ providing matched savings for participants.
† Terms and conditions and eligibility criteria apply to Saver Plus. Talk a Saver Plus Worker in your region for more information. Details provided in this material are correct as of 1 February 2010 and may be changed at any time.
* You should consider if the Progress Saver product is appropriate for you. Terms and Conditions are available on application and fees and charges apply to Progress Saver. ANZ recommends you read the Terms and Conditions before acquiring the product. For more information please contact ANZ on 13 13 14. Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited, ABN 11 005 357 522.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.