Saver Plus is Australia's largest and longest running matched savings and financial education program, delivered locally by community organisations in 60 locations across Australia.
The program assists individuals and families on lower incomes to develop long-term saving habits and reach a savings goal.
Participants make regular deposits towards a savings goal over a 10-month period and attend workshops to build their financial management skills. Once they reach their savings goal, ANZ matches their savings dollar-for-dollar up to $500, which goes towards education costs such as uniforms, text books, laptops, sports equipment and apprenticeship costs.
You may be eligible to join Saver Plus if you:
- have a Centrelink Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card
- are at least 18 years old
- have some regular income from work (you or your partner) including casual, part-time, full-time or seasonal employment
- have a child at school or attend vocational education yourself.
To apply for Saver Plus
Phone 1300 610 355 or
SMS your name and post code to 1300 610 355
Saver Plus was developed by ANZ in partnership with the Brotherhood of St Laurence (BSL), and is co-funded by ANZ and the Australian Government. The program is delivered by BSL and community organisations including The Benevolent Society, Berry Street, The Smith Family, Ballarat Group Training, Bethany, Jewish Care Victoria and Anglicare SA.
The success of this partnership approach over more than a decade demonstrates the value of bringing together the collective resources and expertise of business, government and the community sector to address important economic and social issues.
The benefits of Saver Plus
Qualitative research reveals the positive outcomes of Saver Plus for participants. Many participants report the program improved their confidence, pride and self-esteem. Research has also revealed that Saver Plus contributes to building new financial skills through program workshops and, for most participants, leads to longer-term positive behaviour change in the form of ongoing savings habits.
- Saver Plus: A Decade of Impact (PDF 828kB)
- Evaluation of Saver Plus Phase 5: 2011 - 2014 (PDF 340kB)
- Saver Plus Summary Report (PDF 612kB)
- Evaluation of Saver Plus Past Participants (PDF 2.8MB)
- Many faces of saving: The social dimensions of Saver Plus (PDF 2.6MB)
- Saver Plus Evaluation (PDF 352kB)
- Understanding the Success of Saver Plus - summary report (PDF 120kB)
- Saver Plus - More than Saving (PDF 364kB)
- Saver Plus - A little idea, big results (PDF 2.7MB)
- Saver Plus - Survey results - May 2008 (PDF 432kB)
- Saver Plus - Interim Report - May 2008 (PDF 1MB)
- Saving Behaviour post-Saver Plus (PDF 280kB)
- Saver Plus Pilot Program Phase 1 (PDF 808kB)
- Saver Plus Progress - February 2005 (PDF 996kB)
- Understanding personal debt and financial difficulty in Australia (PDF 3.1MB)
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.