ANZ Cash Packs offer a convenient and counterfeit-safe break down of foreign cash in either USD (US Dollars), EUR (European Euros), GBP (British Pound), NZD (New Zealand Dollars) or THB (Thai Baht).
You can now skip the money exchange queues, go buy a coffee or get into a taxi and start your holiday sooner.
Save on ANZ Cash Packs
Buy an ANZ Travel Card or Travel Insurance at the same time as an ANZ Cash Pack, and we’ll waive the $5 ANZ Cash Pack fee. Offer available in any ANZ branch or ANZ Foreign Exchange Centre, including Sydney and Melbourne International Airport Terminals.
For a limited time, we’ll also waive the $5 ANZ Cash Pack fee if you’re an ANZ Personal Customer1. This is available when purchasing Cash Packs in ANZ branches, ANZ Foreign Exchange Centres or via ANZ Phone Banking.
Why buy ANZ Cash Packs?
Each ANZ Cash Pack contains a handy, pre-selected mix of denominations in a foreign currency (USD, EUR, GBP, NZD or THB) which allows you to take care of any minor expenses.
They are a simple solution to help you on your way to beginning your holiday as soon as you arrive.
The ANZ cash sell rate will be applicable for the total value of packs purchased.
Check ANZ foreign currency exchange rates for the most current rates.
Available currencies and denominations
There are five ANZ Cash packs available: USD, EUR, GBP, NZD or THB. The denomination breakdown and total value of each pack are as follows:
|Cash pack currency||Total value||Denominations|
|United States Dollars||$450 USD||7 x $50, 4 x $20, 3 x $5, 5 x $1|
|European Euros||€350 EUR||5 x €50, 4 x €20, 2 x €10|
|Great British Pounds||£300 GBP||3 x £50, 5 x £20, 5 x £10|
|New Zealand Dollars||$600 NZD||8 x $50, 8 x $20, 3 x $10, 2 x $5|
|Thai Baht||฿14,000 THB||6 x ฿1000, 15 x ฿500, 5 x ฿100|
Buying ANZ Cash Packs
You can buy ANZ Cash Packs through:
- ANZ Cash Packs are available at your local ANZ branch2.
- ANZ Cash Packs to the equivalent of less than $1000AUD can be purchased in ANZ branches by both ANZ and non-ANZ account holders.
- ANZ Cash Packs to the equivalent of $1000AUD and over may be purchased at an ANZ branch by ANZ account holders using an ANZ transaction account or an ANZ credit card account.
- Non-ANZ customers wishing to purchase ANZ Cash Packs to the equivalent of $1000AUD and over should visit an ANZ Foreign Exchange Centre (photo identification required).
- Cash Packs can be purchased by both ANZ and non-ANZ account holders at an ANZ Foreign Exchange Centre.
Foreign currency conversion
When you return home, any remaining notes may be converted back to Australian dollars3 at any ANZ branch or ANZ Foreign Exchange Centre location. A fee of AUD8 per currency applies. For a limited time, this fee will be waived for ANZ Personal Customers1.
Please bring suitable photo identification, such as your passport, when exchanging your money.
Please note: Non-ANZ account holders are able to convert their foreign cash back into Australian dollars4 at ANZ branches where the value of the transaction is less than $1000AUD. Conversions for the equivalent of $1000AUD and over must be made via an ANZ Foreign Exchange Centre.
1. Available until 31 October 2014. An ANZ Personal Customer is defined as an individual who holds a Saving and Transaction, Credit Card, Everyday Visa Debit, Consumer Lending and/or Investment Lending Product. Standard product terms and conditions apply.
2. ANZ Cash packs available at ANZ branches with teller services and are subject to stock availability.
3. The ANZ cash buy rate applicable on the day of conversion will be applied to the conversion of foreign currency into Australian Dollars.
4. Fees and charges may apply for any currency conversion.
© Copyright Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (ANZ) ABN 11 005 357 522, 1996-2009. AFSL/ACL 234527. ANZ's colour blue is a trade mark of ANZ.
Any advice does not take into account your personal needs and financial circumstances and you should consider whether it is appropriate for you.
ANZ recommends you read the ANZ Financial Services Guide (PDF 104kB) before acquiring the product.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.