ANZ Cash Packs offer a convenient and counterfeit-safe break down of foreign currency notes in either USD (US Dollars), EUR (European Euros), GBP (British Pound), NZD (New Zealand Dollars), THB (Thai Baht) or CNY (Chinese Renminbi)2.
You can now skip the money exchange queues, go buy a coffee or get into a taxi and start your holiday sooner.
Save on ANZ Cash Packs
We’ll also waive the $5 ANZ Cash Pack fee if you’re an existing ANZ customer1. These fee waivers are available in any ANZ branches, ANZ Foreign Exchange Centre, including Sydney and Melbourne International Airport Terminals2.
Why buy ANZ Cash Packs?
Each ANZ Cash Pack contains a handy, pre-selected mix of denominations in a foreign currency (USD, EUR, GBP, NZD, THB or CNY) which allows you to take care of any minor expenses.
They are a simple solution to help you on your way to beginning your holiday as soon as you arrive.
The ANZ cash sell rate will be applicable for the total value of packs purchased.
Check ANZ foreign currency exchange rates for the most current rates.
Available currencies and denominations
There are six ANZ Cash Packs available: USD, EUR, GBP, NZD, THB and CNY2. The Denomination breakdown and total value of each pack are as follows:
|Cash pack currency||Total value||Denominations|
|United States Dollars||$450 USD||7 x $50, 4 x $20, 3 x $5, 5 x $1|
|European Euros||€350 EUR||5 x €50, 4 x €20, 2 x €10|
|Great British Pounds||£300 GBP||3 x £50, 5 x £20, 5 x £10|
|New Zealand Dollars||$600 NZD||8 x $50, 8 x $20, 3 x $10, 2 x $5|
|Thai Baht||฿14,000 THB||6 x ฿1000, 15 x ฿500, 5 x ฿100|
|Chinese Renminbi||¥2,500 CNY||20 x ¥100, 10 x ¥50|
Buying ANZ Cash Packs
You can buy ANZ Cash Packs through:
- ANZ Cash Packs are available at your local ANZ branch2 and ANZ Foreign Exchange Centres.
- ANZ Cash Packs to the equivalent of less than $1000AUD can be purchased in ANZ branches by both ANZ and non-ANZ account holders.
- ANZ Cash Packs to the equivalent of $1000AUD and over may be purchased at an ANZ branch by ANZ account holders using an ANZ transaction account or an ANZ credit card account*.
- Non-ANZ customers wishing to purchase ANZ Cash Packs to the equivalent of $1000AUD and over should visit an ANZ Foreign Exchange Centre (photo identification required).
Foreign currency conversion
When you return home, any remaining notes may be converted back to Australian dollars3 at any ANZ branch or ANZ Foreign Exchange Centre location. A fee of AUD8 per currency applies. This fee will be waived for existing ANZ customers1.
Please bring suitable photo identification, such as your passport, when exchanging your money.
Please note: Non-ANZ account holders are able to convert their foreign cash back into Australian dollars4 at ANZ branches where the value of the transaction is less than $1000AUD. Conversions for the equivalent of $1000AUD and over must be made via an ANZ Foreign Exchange Centre.
1. Cash Pack Fee waiver is only available to existing ANZ customers. Standard product terms and conditions apply.
2. ANZ Cash packs are available at any ANZ branch or Foreign Exchange Centre, including Sydney and Melbourne International Airport Terminals subject to stock availability.
3. The ANZ cash buy rate applicable on the day of conversion will be applied to the conversion of foreign currency into Australian Dollars.
4. Fees and charges may apply for any currency conversion.
5. *If you pay by credit card this will be treated as a cash advance and may incur additional charges.
© Copyright Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (ANZ) ABN 11 005 357 522. AFSL234527. ANZ's colour blue is a trade mark of ANZ.
Any advice does not take into account your personal needs and financial circumstances and you should consider whether it is appropriate for you.
ANZ recommends you read the ANZ Financial Services Guide (PDF 104kB) before acquiring the product.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.