Whether you’re renting, buying your dream home, investing or refinancing, ANZ has a range of insurance solutions to help protect your home, contents or investment property against the unexpected.
Help protect your home inside and out with ANZ Home and Contents Insurance.
As many as 4 out of 5 Australian homeowners or renters are underinsured1, so in the event of a crisis, they would not be able to go back to their same standard of living.
ANZ Home Insurance provides you with peace of mind in knowing that if your home is damaged you’ll be able to rebuild it – no matter what the cost2.
Talk to us today. Call 13 16 14 or click for a call back.
Plus, you'll receive a 10% discount on premiums6 for the first year you take out a policy if you're an ANZ Breakfree package holder.
|50 or over|
If you’re over 50 when you take out your home insurance or renew it, you’ll receive a 10% discount on your home insurance premiums. Plus, you’ll also enjoy unique benefits such as:
|Be rewarded every six months|
When you take out or renew two or more eligible ANZ insurance policies, we will reward you every six months with a rebate (buildings and contents count as two policies). Depending on how long you stay with us, you could get back up to 15% of your annual premium8.
If you'd like to know more about how the rebates work, talk to staff at any ANZ branch or call 13 16 14.
Find out more about ANZ Home Insurance.
Lenders Mortgage Insurance
Lenders Mortgage Insurance (LMI) is required if you are borrowing more than 80% of the property’s value. LMI protects the lender against non-payment or if you default on your residential property loan.
LMI also makes it possible for eligible customers to buy a home with a deposit as small as 5% of the property value.
|How does it work?|
LMI is a one-off fee paid by borrowers when they take out a home loan. Fees vary according to the amount borrowed and the size of your deposit.
In the event that the lender needs to sell their property and the proceeds do not fully repay the loan, the lender can make a claim for the difference from the insurer. In that case, the borrower is still legally liable to repay the insurer.
With an ANZ Family Guarantee, you may be able to avoid paying the premium for LMI.
|Benefits of LMI|
While LMI is primarily about protecting the lender there are also benefits for the borrower.
Help to look after your home and family, even when you’re not around.
Your home loan is probably the biggest debt you’ll ever have, so it makes sense to help protect it against the unexpected, with ANZ Mortgage Protection.
Exclusive to customers with an ANZ home loan, ANZ Mortgage Protection is designed to help protect you, should anything happen that might affect your ability to repay your mortgage, such as losing your job, serious illness, disability or death.
|Benefits of ANZ Mortgage Protection Insurance|
To apply for ANZ Mortgage Protection Insurance
Call 13 16 14
Find out more about ANZ's Mortgage Protection.
1. Insurance Council of Australia ‘The Understand Insurance Research Report’. October 2013.
2. If your home is totally destroyed in an insurable event and we accept your claim.
3. An item may be repaired or replaced, or the cost of repair or replacement may be paid to you.
4. We do not cover loss or damage caused by a bushfire that occurs within 48 hours of the start of your policy.
5. Cover away from home: Your contents are covered away from home anywhere in Australia and New Zealand for up to 120 consecutive days if the damage or loss occurs as a result of an event we have agreed to cover. Your contents are covered away from home outside Australia and New Zealand for up to 120 consecutive days and up to 25% of the sum insured or $15,000, whichever is the lesser, if the damage or loss occurs as a result of an event we have agreed to cover. This does not apply if you have chosen the option to remove cover away from home. Please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement for full details.
6. To be entitled to a discount on your insurance you must notify the issuers of these products at the time of application that you are an ANZ Breakfree Package customer. Please note for ANZ Home Insurance and ANZ Landlord Insurance the discount is only applicable to the first year’s premium. Reference to insurance premium amounts for the purposes of calculating the applicable Breakfree Package benefits exclude any stamp duty, GST and other government fees, charges or levies components that are included in the total premium amount paid by you. These discounts are not available in conjunction with any other discount offer made by issuers of these products or ANZ.
7. If you are admitted to a hospital as an inpatient, we will pay up to $500 per incident causing the fracture.
8. The rebate applies to eligible policies which are ANZ Home Insurance Buildings cover, ANZ Home Insurance Contents cover, ANZ Landlord Insurance and ANZ Car Insurance and is subject to the terms and conditions set out in the Product Disclosure Statement for each product.
9. If you receive a medical consultation for any illness or injury in the twelve months before you purchase the policy, and that illness or injury leads to a claim after the policy commences, you will not be covered.
10. There is no cover available for the Disability Benefit or Involuntary Unemployment Benefit if you are employed in a permanent part time, casual, contract or temporary capacity for less than 20 hours per week or you are self-employed for less than 20 hours per week.
ANZ Mortgage Protection is jointly issued by OnePath Life Limited (ABN 33 009 657 176) (OnePath Life) and QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited (ABN 78 003 191 035). This information is of a general nature and has been prepared without taking account of your objectives, financial situation or needs. You should consider whether the information is appropriate for you having regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs.
ANZ Home Insurance is jointly issued by OnePath General Insurance Pty Limited (ABN 56 072 892 365) and QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited (ABN 78 003 191 035). This information is of a general nature and has been prepared without taking account of your objectives, financial situation or needs. You should consider whether the information is appropriate for you having regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs.
ANZ recommends that you read the ANZ Financial Services Guide (PDF 520kB), ANZ Mortgage Protection Product Disclosure Statement and Policy Document (PDF 307kB) and the ANZ Home Insurance Product Disclosure Statement and Policy Document (PDF 936kB) (also available by calling 13 16 14) before deciding whether to acquire, or to continue to hold, this product.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.