Home loan appointment checklist
Documents to bring to your appointment
For your home loan appointment please ensure bring the following information to confirm your details so our home loan specialists can help find the home loan that best suits you.
Your personal identification
Bring two of the following current documents to complete the customer identification process:
- Driver's licence
- Photo ID (i.e. Proof of Age Card, Australian tertiary institution card, Department of Defence, Waterways/Boat Licence).
Or if you only have one of the above forms of photo ID, you will also need to bring one of the following:
- Birth certificate
- Citizenship certificate
- Centrelink Pension Card
- Medicare Card
- Utilities bill (less than three months old)
- Rates notice (less than three months old)
- Tax assessment notice (less than 12 months old).
To confirm your PAYG income, provide either:
- Your most recent payslip confirming at least1 3 months Year To Date (YTD) income.
- Salary credited to an ANZ account (bring your account number) or other financial institution account (bring bank statement or transaction history) for the past 3 months.
Or provide your most recent payslip without YTD income and one of the following to confirm 3 months of continuous employment:
- A payslip dated 3 months prior to your recent payslip
- Tax Agent prepared tax return (not hand written)1
- ATO Notice of assessment1
- PAYG Summary (not handwritten)1
- Letter from employer or employment contract.
- 1 year Individual Tax Return and accompanying ATO assessment notices and;
- 1 year Business Tax Return, Profit and Loss Statement, and Balance Sheet.
To confirm your rental income, provide one of the following:
- A signed lease (either current or new)2
- Most recent tax return
- Rental credits to your ANZ account (bring your account number) or other financial institution account (bring bank statement or transaction history) for the past 3 months
- Most recent rental statement
- Real Estate Agency letter.
You should also bring details of any other income such as:
- Shareholding statement
- Your tax returns from the last two years
- Record of investment to confirm interest
- Centrelink statement confirming government benefits3.
Your financial position
Listing your other assets and liabilities will help us determine your capacity to repay the loan.
Bring along proof of savings (bank account details) and a list of any other assets you have (e.g. current term deposit account, share investment statement, property or motor vehicle assets).
Listing liabilities will help us to quickly determine how much you can afford to repay on your loan. Please bring the following:
- Existing loan statements for the last 3 months
- Credit and store card statements.
Your personal insurance documents
- Home and contents insurance
- Investment property insurance
- Income protection
- Term life
- Total and permanent disablement
Property purchase/construction (if applicable)
To enable us to determine what you are buying we will need:
- Contract of sale
- Copy of Transfer of Land
- Proof of Property Insurance
- Fixed Price Building contract (if building)
- Council approved building plans/specifications or Building Permit (if building)
- Proof of all other assets (superannuation statement) and all other personal insurances policies.
If refinancing your loan and you are not with ANZ, we will need:
- Home loan statements for the last 3 months4
- Current payout quote for any loans you plan to refinance, including all current fees and charges and any early repayment costs/exit fees5.
If you have any questions prior to your appointment, or if you would like to reschedule your appointment, please email ANZ Direct email@example.com or contact your local branch directly.
Need a hand to complete your home loan documents?
Quick guides and videos to help you with the process.
How to apply
Send us an enquiry
8:00am to 8:00pm (AEST) Monday to Friday,
8:00am to 6:00pm (AEST) Saturdays and Sundays.
1. Employment must be for at least three months; payslip contains the employer’s name or ABN clearly identified, and cannot be handwritten. Tax related documents and PAYG must relate to last tax year.
2. Private lease agreements are accepted.
3. Centrelink statement must be no more than 4 weeks old, and cannot be handwritten.
4. Internet statements need to be supported by a minimum of one original bank statement.
5. Payout quotes are subject to change and must be confirmed on the day of settlement.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.