ANZ student bank accounts
Simple banking, because studying is hard enough.
Everyday banking account
Pay no monthly account service fee with ANZ Access Advantage1
- ANZ Access Visa Debit card2 (if you’re over 14) for shopping online and overseas wherever Visa is accepted
- Easy, 24/7 banking options like ANZ goMoney™
- Unlimited transactions using ANZ Phone Banking, ANZ Internet Banking and EFTPOS, and at ANZ ATMs and Branches3
What you need to do to get your monthly account service fee waiver
Be studying full time1
at an eligible Australian educational institution.
Open an ANZ Access Advantage account if you don't already have one.
Bring your student ID into any ANZ Branch and we'll apply your monthly account service fee waiver1 to your new or existing account.
Are you an international student?
You'll have the ability to transfer funds to your account before you leave home, and once you arrive and identify yourself at any ANZ branch, you will have access to the funds, including the ability to make withdrawals from the account.
- Apply for an ANZ Access Advantage bank account
- Find out more about our international student banking services
Need more help to work out a banking solution?
Over 18? You can also apply for
ANZ credit card8
- Apply for a manageable $500 limit
- Choose from any card in the ANZ range (excluding platinum, ANZ Frequent Flyer Black and ANZ Rewards Black cards)
Bank accounts for children and under 18s
We offer a range of features on children's bank accounts to help them save and bank with ease.
Terms and conditions are available on application. Fees and charges apply.
1. Full time students need to show proof of enrolment with an Australian Educational Institution at any ANZ Branch in order to receive a monthly account service fee waiver on one nominated ANZ Access Advantage account.
2. Eligibility criteria apply to issue of ANZ Access Visa Debit card. Overseas transaction fees, overseas ATM transaction fees and non-ANZ ATM operator fees may apply to foreign currency transactions. Please refer to ANZ Personal Banking Account Fees and Charges for fees and charges that apply.
3. Other associated account fees and charges may apply. Please refer to ANZ Personal Banking Account Fees and Charges for fees and charges that apply.
4. ANZ Online Saver is only available to customers who open or who are the account holders of, or signatories to, eligible ANZ everyday banking accounts with ANZ Internet Banking or ANZ Phone Banking access. Eligible accounts include ANZ Access Advantage, ANZ Access Select, ANZ Access Basic, ANZ Pensioner Advantage, ANZ Progress Saver, ANZ V2 PLUS, ANZ Premium Cash Management Account and ANZ Everyday Visa Debit. Terms and conditions and fees and charges apply to the eligible account.
5. Bonus interest is subject to eligibility. ANZ Progress Saver pays bonus interest (in addition to the current variable base interest) in respect of a particular month if the set minimum deposit (currently $10) and no withdrawals, fees or charges are processed to the account on or before the last business day of that calendar month, and after the last business day of the previous calendar month. Bonus and base rates are variable and subject to change.
6. Deposit accounts with ANZ with balances of up to and including A$250,000 in total are guaranteed by the Federal Government without charge. The guarantee applies to the total balance held in one or more ANZ deposit accounts by each legal entity, up to a maximum amount of A$250,000. For further information please refer to the Financial Claims Scheme.
7. If you are a victim of fraud, we guarantee that you'll be reimbursed for any unauthorised transactions. This is provided that you have complied with the ANZ Saving and Transaction Products Terms and Conditions (PDF 588kB), and provided you did not contribute to the loss, and notified ANZ promptly of the fraud.
8. All applications for credit are subject to ANZ's credit assessment criteria.
Any advice does not take into account your personal needs and financial circumstances and you should consider whether it is appropriate for you.
ANZ FalconTM is a trademark of Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (ANZ) ABN 11 005 357 522. Falcon is a trademark of Fair Isaac Corporation.
ANZ goMoneyTM is provided by and is a trademark of ANZ. ANZ goMoneyTM for iPhone is only available from the App Store. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. ANZ goMoneyTM for AndroidTM is only available in Google PlayTM. Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.