Remove my international services access
International services within ANZ Internet Banking make it easy for you to transact across the globe.
- If you remove your access you will not be able to transfer funds overseas, purchase international drafts, travellers' cheques or foreign currency online.
- You will also lose your international payee list with all of your saved recipients' details.
To re-gain access you'll need to register again.
To delete your international services access:
- Go to the "Payments" menu.
- Select "International services".
- Select the "Change international services registration" link and follow the steps below.
|Step 1 - Click the "Remove international services" link|
You can also remove your access to international services by clicking on the "Remove access to international services" link on the international services landing page.
By removing your international access you will forfeit your ability to transfer funds overseas, purchase international bank drafts, travellers' cheques and foreign currency.
Need more help?
Use our faqs to find out more about removing your international services access.
|Can I remove my international services access?|
Yes. You can remove the international services access via ANZ Internet Banking.
|How do I change my daily limit?|
To increase your daily limit you will need to re-apply for a higher limit via the "Change my Pay Anyone limit" in the "Profile" menu.
|How long does it take to change a daily limit?|
The time taken to change the limit depends on the type of limit you have requested.
Need more help?
For further assistance please call the ANZ Internet Banking team on 13 33 50 (International callers: +61 3 9683 8833) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.