About Surbana Jurong Group
Surbana Jurong Group is a global urban, infrastructure and managed services consulting firm, with over 70 years of track record in successful project delivery. Headquartered in Singapore, the group has a global talent pool of over 16,000 across Surbana Jurong and its member companies AETOS, Atelier Ten, B+H, KTP, Prostruct, RBG, SAA, Sino-Sun and SMEC, based in more than 120 offices in over 40 countries. They include architects, designers, planners, engineers and other specialists driven by progressive thinking and creative ideas to shape a better future.
Surbana Jurong has built more than a million homes in Singapore, created master plans in more than 30 countries and developed over 100 industrial parks globally. By designing and delivering quality housing, work spaces, roads, rail, hydropower, dams, underground and coastal protections and other critical infrastructure needed by our clients, Surbana Jurong Group is redefining cities and transforming them into sustainable and liveable spaces where communities and businesses, present and future, can thrive.
The search for a solution
After several successful acquisitions across Asia-Pacific, SJ was looking to review its Group Treasury functions to improve operational efficiencies and financial control over its many subsidiaries. SJ also reached out to seven other incumbent banks for proposals.
By partnering with SJ to reach a comprehensive understanding of their business and goals, ANZ set out to achieve the following objectives:
- Establish financial operations oversight across 14 countries
- Access to real-time information and liquidity positions
- Leverage Group surplus funds to address funding gaps
- Consolidate and rationalize with 74 accounts across 16 banks
- Implement a single, uniform system and integration with treasury platform
- Enhance yield on cash that is distributed among multiple bank accounts and countries
- Eliminate trapped liquidity where feasible and enhance SJ’s working capital efficiency
- Eliminate manual activities and release resources to other value-adding activities
Discover ANZ’s payments and cash management banking solutions