In 1973, the Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (ANZ Group) first established its presence in Indonesia as the ANZ Grindlays representative office.
Then, in 1993, ANZ Group took over 85% of Westpac Bank’s shares at the PT Westpac Panin Bank and changed the name of the joint venture bank into PT ANZ Panin Bank.
ANZ Group and Panin Bank further injected their capital in PT ANZ Panin Bank in 2011. This increased the overall paid-up capital to IDR 1.65 trillion (the equivalent of AUD 180 million) and changed the ownership composition to 99% owned by the ANZ Group and 1% owned by Panin Bank.
In 12 January 2012, the joint venture bank changed its name to PT Bank ANZ Indonesia (ANZ), which reflects the increase of ANZ Group's ownership in the Bank. This demonstrated ANZ’s commitment to Indonesia and its customers’ growth. It also reaffirmed the position of ANZ Group as the largest Australian investor in Indonesia’s financial services sector.
Currently, ANZ has 28 branches spread throughout 11 major cities across Indonesia. ANZ offers a range of products and services for its corporate clients through our Corporate and Commercial Banking, Treasury, Trade Finance and Cash Management services. For individuals, ANZ offers Retail Banking and Wealth Management, Mortgages as well as Consumer Finance services through our Credit Card and Personal Loan products.
As of October 2013, ANZ is rated AAA (idn) credit rating from Fitch Ratings. ANZ has received many awards, such as the number one joint venture bank in Indonesia from Infobank Magazine and Best Bank in 2013 from Investor Magazine.
Shareholding composition of PT Bank ANZ Indonesia (ANZ)
ANZ Banking Group Limited 99%
PT Panin Bank Tbk 1%
Awards and Recognition
- ANZ Wins “Indonesia Service to Care Award 2012” for Conventional Savings Category from Markplus Inc (27 January 2012).
- ANZ Call Centre Receives Two Prestigious Service Excellence Awards for ANZ Call Center Signature Priority Banking and ANZ Call Centre for General Banking from Marketeers (8 March 2012).
- ANZ Retail & Wealth as AIA’s Highest Net Sales Growth Recipient from AIA Indonesia (4 May 2012).
- ANZ Receives a Prestigious Services Quality Awards 2012 for its Retail Banking Business from AIA Indonesia (10 May 2012).
- ANZ Receives a Prestigious Award "Best Bank for Joint Venture" from Infobank (10 April 2012).