Clearing and payment services for overseas banks
ANZ Group is a leading provider of Australian Dollar (AUD) and New Zealand Dollar (NZD) account and payment services to banks around the globe. ANZ Group provides efficient payment services and real-time transaction and balance reporting through ANZ’s Internet service ANZ Connect and SWIFT.
ANZ Clearing Services are also available in the Pacific, India (INR) and Hong Kong (CNY).
Products and services
- SWIFT MT 200 series (bank to bank) payment instructions are directly credited to accounts of counter-parties who also maintain their accounts with ANZ Group or they are processed straight through the Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) system to an account held with another local bank.
- High levels of straight through processing are achieved, enabling us to offer attractive cut-off times and process payments right up until system close.
- A high proportion of transactions are between ANZ Group customer accounts.
- Commercial payments - MT 103 payments are processed straight through to ANZ Group customer accounts or to an account at another local bank.
- Draft service - A full draft drawing service is available. Clients can choose to use their own stylised drafts or for AUD services we can provide books of standard drafts with or without the client's logo.
- Cash letter service - Drafts and cheques can be remitted for clearing.
- Clean collection service - For higher value items which require certainty of payment and cheques drawn in foreign currency payable locally.
Note: CNY Paper Clearing not available in Hong Kong.
A comprehensive range of reporting, both real-time and end of day is available and can be accessed via our Internet service ANZ Connect or SWIFT.
For more information, contact your relationship manager or for AUD services enquire via SWIFT to ANZBAU3M (att. Clearing Account Management).
FImetrix bank-to-bank services research in AUD/NZD (2012)
Relationship and account management leadership
- No. 1 in overall satisfaction in Australia and New Zealand.
- No. 1 in relationship manager/sales satisfaction.
- No. 1 for large and moderate bank relationship penetration.
- No. 1 in wholesale clearing in Australia.
- No. 1 in commercial payment services in New Zealand.
- Leader in clearing internet reporting.
This product/service is suitable for financial institutions.