- Use a firewall as a gatekeeper between your company computers and the Internet.
- Download software security patches on a regular basis.
- Secure your wireless network.
Install anti-malware software
Malware (malicious software) is any kind of software or code designed to exploit a computer. Malware includes computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses, spyware and other malicious programs. ANZ strongly recommends that you install and maintain anti-malware software on all computers within your organisation.
- Ensure all your company computers have anti-malware protection software installed and this software is up-to-date.
- Update anti-malware software on a regular basis.
- Install IBM® Security Trusteer RapportTM financial malware protection software
Scan files and e-mail
Many hoax emails contain viruses or Trojan horses (key logger), which are downloaded to your computer when you open an attachment or embedded link.
- Perform malware scans on your all computers on a regular basis.
- Perform malware scans on all incoming emails.
- Employ email rules for accepting incoming emails into your network.
- Control external file drive access on your computers to limit the risk to malicious software being installed within your network.
Back to top