Our policies adopt a principles-based risk framework which is applied to decision-making in sensitive transactions across the industry sectors referenced below. The following principles help inform our decision-making on clients, transactions and business strategies:
- ANZ supports customers that demonstrate a balanced approach to social, environmental and developmental impacts
- ANZ supports and encourages customers to adopt management practices to continuously improve their social and environmental performance
- ANZ supports customers that use internationally accepted industry management practices to manage social, environmental and economic impacts (including effects on human rights, biodiversity, cultural heritage, indigenous rights, health and safety, governance and environmental sustainability)
- Seeking ethical outcomes which are fair to customers and in line with the principles in our policies.
In the first instance we will work to ensure our customers are compliant with relevant host country laws, regulations and permits that pertain to environmental and social issues. We will also work closely with our customers to support and encourage them to invest in new and improved technologies and adopt more sustainable practices.
- Information about ANZ’s Energy Policy (PDF 48kB)
- Information about ANZ’s Extractive Industry Policy (PDF 48kB)
- Information about ANZ's Forestry and Forests Policy (PDF 48kB)
- Information about ANZ's Hydroelectric Power Policy (PDF 48kB)
- Information about ANZ's Military Equipment Policy (PDF 44kB)
- Information about ANZ's Water Policy (PDF 48kB)
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.