Career as an ANZ Generalist Banker
During the initial two year rotational phase of the program ANZ Generalist Bankers will hold entry level management roles in a broad range of areas, providing experiences such as leading an Operations team, working in Product teams, managing a branch and performing credit reviews.
After completing the two year rotational component, Generalist Bankers will, subject to ongoing performance, be placed in roles that ensure their capability for senior leadership is continually developed. These roles can be based in any of the 34 countries that ANZ currently operates in and participants are expected to remain globally mobile throughout the duration of the program.
Generalist Bankers can expect to remain in roles for between 18 to 36 months depending on the business segment and location of the role placement. Role length can be expected to increase as the Generalist Banker's career progresses.
What can you expect when you start a career as an ANZ Generalist Banker?
During your first two years you can expect your development to be accelerated by:
- Stretching assignments in diverse areas of the bank to build foundational skills
- Exposure to senior executives, Management Board and sponsor and mentor support
- Formal leadership development at one of Australia's top business schools
- On the job learning.
What will we expect of you when you commit to a career as an ANZ Generalist Banker?
We ask that you:
- Trust us to guide you on your career pathway
- Be mobile both internationally and domestically
- Be a role model for ANZ’s values
- Be prepared to make career decisions that are long term in nature and always keep in mind the goal of becoming a country CEO
- Be an advocate for the program, both internally and externally
- Constantly challenge yourself.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.