- Population: 114,689 (July 2006 estimate)
- Languages: English, Tongan
- Ethnic Groups: Polynesian
Tonga is an archipelago of 169 islands located in the southwest Pacific, about 650 km east of Fiji.
- Currency: Pa’anga (TOP)
- GDP per capita (2007): USD 2,200
- GDP growth (2007): 2.4%
- Exports: squash, fish, vanilla beans, root crops
- Government: Constitutional monarchy
- Head of State: H.M. King George V
- Limited restrictions apply.
- The National Reserve Bank of Tonga is the regulatory authority and operates under the Financial Institution Act
- There are no direct controls on interest rates.
- Resident companies: 25%
- Non-resident companies: 25%
- Consumption tax: 15%
- Taxation and financial concessions are available for new enterprises.