ANZ Seeds of Renewal 2014 - Creating education and employment opportunities to help build thriving communities
Seeds of Renewal is a grants program, supported by ANZ, which aims to contribute to building thriving communities in regional Australia. Since it started in 2003, Seeds of Renewal has provided more than $3.25 million in grants to 676 community projects.
The Seeds of Renewal program provides grants of up to $10,000 to community organisations for projects focused on creating education and employment opportunities. The grants are independently administered by the Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal (FRRR) which delivers a number of grant programs across regional Australia.
Who could apply?
Not-for-profit community based organisations with an ABN or Incorporation Certificate which contribute to the development of education and employment opportunities in communities with a population of 15,000 people or less.
What could be funded?
- Projects which focus on creating education and employment opportunities in regional communities. Examples of suitable projects include;
- Developing and distributing education materials in remote / isolated communities
- Purchasing IT equipment for community centres for educational purposes
- Supporting programs that help people to prepare for employment.
- Individual grants will be made in amounts of up to $10,000.
How do I apply?
To apply for a grant, please download the application form available at Foundation for Rural Regional Renewal website.
The closing date is 5pm, 26 August 2014. Applications must be received via email to email@example.com by 5pm or clearly postmarked and mailed to FRRR, Seeds of Renewal, PO Box 41, Bendigo Vic 3552.
ANZ in the Community
Seeds of Renewal demonstrates ANZ’s commitment to making a difference in regional Australia. ANZ employees actively support their local communities through activities like volunteering and fundraising. ANZ is also committed to a range of financial literacy and inclusion programs including MoneyMinded, MoneyBusiness and Saver Plus. For more information about these programs please visit ANZ community.
In 2013, Seeds of Renewal funded 41 community projects including:
- Accredited hospitality training for at-risk youth
- Hands-on agriculture industry innovation seminars for farmers
- Local and regional child and family services community directories for remote shires
- Communications training for indigenous museum volunteers.
Developing capable local leaders through governance training – Broome, WA
In 2013 the Broome Community Information Resource Centre and Learning Exchange received a Seeds of Renewal grant of $6,600 to hold governance workshops for 45 community members.
The workshops covered board induction, training and financial literacy. Through the grant, potential as well as existing board members from across Broome's various not-for-profit organisations will be able to develop their leadership and governance skills, helping to build the overall capacity of the community.
For more information visit your local ANZ branch or ANZ Business Centre, Foundation for Rural Regional Renewal website or contact FRRR on 1800 170 020.