ANZ Visa Debit Card
Designed to give you worldwide access to your bank account with greater security and convenience. Payment is now made easier and quicker with Visa payWave.
Earn cash rebate
Receive up to 0.40% cash rebate* monthly for all retail purchases.
Using contactless technology, signature or PIN is not required for purchases made under S$100.
Make purchases online faster and easier with your ANZ Visa Debit Card. With Visa Checkout, your entire payment process is simplified. Just enter your username and password and you are done - no need to enter your card and shipping details every time you shop online. Find out more about ANZ Visa Checkout.
Access cash anytime
Withdraw cash at over 220 ATMs islandwide through the atm5 shared network and from over 2 million Visa and PLUS ATMs worldwide.
Enjoy exclusive discounts and other exciting deals that suit your lifestyle. Find out more about ANZ Privileges.
With over millions of Visa merchants globally, you can shop anywhere online or over the phone.
Equipped with a built-in EMV Smart Chip, you are protected from potential fraudulent use of your card. Receive SMS alerts for your first card usage and subsequent transactions on your card.
Manage your money better
Your Visa Debit transactions are automatically deducted from your bank account. You can access your up-to-date balance on your bank statement with details of your purchases to better manage your spendings.
- How does the ANZ Visa Debit Card work?
- Are there any limits on how much I can spend with my ANZ Visa Debit Card?
- What are the security features on the ANZ Visa Debit Card?
- Will I receive any alerts for transactions made with my ANZ Visa Debit Card?
- What is Visa payWave#?
- What should I do if my ANZ Visa Debit Card is lost, stolen or if any PIN has been compromised?
- I have received a replacement ANZ Visa Debit Card. Do I need to update my settings for overseas use, ATM/Debit Card transaction alerts and point of sale daily limit?
1. How does the ANZ Visa Debit Card work?
The ANZ Visa Debit Card can be used to withdraw cash at ANZ ATMs and ATM5 shared network in Singapore. In addition, it can be used for cash withdrawal at Visa/PLUS ATMs worldwide, signature-based local and overseas purchases, contactless payments via Visa payWave# and card-not-present transactions (such as online, mail and phone orders) at millions of Visa merchants globally. The transaction amount will be directly deducted from your account linked to the card.
2. Are there any limits on how much I can spend with my ANZ Visa Debit Card?
Unless you have opted for a different point of sale+ limit, this limit is S$2,000 per day. This point of sale+ daily limit will be shared by the following:
- Signature-based transactions at merchants
- Contactless payment via Visa payWave#
- Electronic payments such as online payment, mail or phone order. You may increase or decrease the point of sale+ daily limit once your card is activated. It should be noted that the above limits are subject to the available balance in your linked account.
3. What are the security features on the ANZ Visa Debit Card?
The ANZ Visa Debit Card comes with a comprehensive range of security features:
- Enhanced EMV-Dynamic Data Authentication Smart Chip makes the card more secure and protects you from potential identity theft and fraudulent activity.
- Enjoy peace of mind when you shop online with "Verified by Visa" where a unique One-Time Password (OTP) will be sent via SMS to your mobile phone to conduct secure online purchases.
- Stay informed of transactions on your ANZ Visa Debit Card with SMS alerts. Simply enroll for the alerts that you require by calling our 24-hour Customer Service at 1800 269 2269 or +65 6269 2269 (if overseas) or via ANZ Digital Banking.
- Continuous fraud monitoring to identify any suspicious activity and help prevent unauthorised transactions.
- As a debit card carry risks of unauthorised signature-based transactions, new and replacement cards are sent as de-activated (blocked) cards. Further, the overseas usage on your new ANZ Visa Debit Card is de-activated. You can conveniently and instantly activate your card and the overseas usage by calling our 24-hour Customer Service at 1800 269 2269 or +65 6269 2269 (if overseas) or via ANZ Digital Banking.
4. Will I receive any alerts for transactions effected by using my ANZ Visa Debit Card?
You will be auto-enrolled for ATM withdrawal and point of sale+ transaction alerts of S$500 or more. You can revise the alert threshold by login to your Personal Internet Banking at anz.com.sg or calling our 24-hour Customer Service at 1800 269 2269 or +65 6269 2269 (if overseas).
5. What is Visa payWave#?
Visa payWave# is a contactless payment method for purchases of S$100 and below at all Visa contactless point-of-sale readers. Simply hold your ANZ Visa Debit Card on the contactless reader to pay for your purchases. Please note that this feature is not available for ANZ MoneyLine Visa Debit Card.
6. What should I do if my ANZ Visa Debit Card is lost, stolen or if my PIN has been compromised?
Please notify us immediately by calling our 24-hour Customer Service at 1800 269 2269 or +65 6269 2269 (if overseas).
7. I have received a replacement ANZ Visa Debit Card. Do I need to update my settings for overseas use, ATM/Debit Card transaction alerts and point of sale daily limit?
Yes, your replacement card will not be updated with any amendments to settings that you would have effected on your previous ANZ Visa Debit Card. Please call our 24 hour Customer Service at 1800 269 2269 or +65 6269 2269 (if overseas) to amend your settings.
General debit card safety tips:
- Do not bend your card or place it at a place where it will be easily scratched.
- Never leave your card unattended and always make sure your card is returned after every purchase to protect your card from fraudulent activity.
- Keep your receipts to tally your transactions against your monthly statement.
- Report lost or stolen cards to the Bank immediately.
- Report any unauthorised transactions or suspicious activity immediately.
- When you are expecting a new or replacement debit card, do look out for it in the mail.
- When shopping online, use a secure server and shop with merchants whom you know and trust.
- Never leave your debit card as a “security deposit” or as identification.
- Never lend your debit card to anyone.
- Never carry your PIN in your wallet or write it on the back of your debit card, and do not choose an obvious number (such as your birth date or telephone number) for your PIN.
Not yet an ANZ Visa Debit Card customer? Apply Now.
Apply for a Savings or Current Account with ANZ and the Account will come equipped with ANZ Visa Debit Card.
Existing Savings or Current Account customer:
• Apply online via ANZ Digital Banking.
• Apply via 24-Hour Banking Services Form.
• Visit any of our branches.
* Cash rebate is available for ANZ Personal Banking and ANZ Signature Priority Banking clients only. Cash rebate of 0.40% is applicable on monthly spend of S$2,000 or more. Cash rebate of 0.20% is applicable for monthly spend of S$500 to less than S$2,000 and cash rebate of 0.10% is applicable for monthly spend less than S$500. Maximum cash rebate that can be paid in a month is S$200. Cash rebate is calculated based on the monthly spend on the debit card for retail purchases. Cash rebate will be credited to the primary account linked to the debit card and is paid in the following month for settled transactions in the previous month. Cash rebate will not be paid in the event the debit card or primary account is closed prior to credit of the same. The offer is valid for limited period and is not available for ANZ MoneyLine Visa Debit Card. The Bank reserves the right at its reasonable discretion to vary, delete or add to any of the terms and conditions of these promotions from time to time and such changes shall be binding on the participants in these promotions with effect from such date as the Bank may determine.
# Visa payWave feature is not available for ANZ MoneyLine Visa Debit Card.
+ Point of sale payment refers to purchase of goods and services at retail merchants using the ANZ Visa Debit Card.
Effective 1 May 2017, cash rebate for the ANZ Visa Debit Card for ANZ Personal Banking and ANZ Signature Priority Banking clients will be terminated. Where applicable, the last cash rebate will be paid into your linked ANZ Current/Savings Account in May 2017.
The use of your ANZ Visa Debit Card is governed by the Terms and Conditions for ANZ Debit Card as set out in the Terms and Conditions and Risk Disclosure Statements.