Overseas ATM cash withdrawal
To give you greater security when you bank with us, all ANZ Visa Debit Card issued by ANZ Singapore need to be activated for overseas use.
Activate your ANZ Visa Debit Card for overseas use through:
- Log in to your Personal Internet Banking at ANZ Singapore
- Call 24-hour Customer Service at 1800 269 2269 or +(65) 6269 2269
- Visit any ANZ Singapore ATM or branch
- Download and send us the completed request form (PDF 196kB).
SMS alert for overseas ATM cash withdrawal
For greater security, you will also receive a SMS alert for any local or overseas ATM cash withdrawal where amount is SGD 500 or more. Please ensure your mobile telephone number is updated with us.
Frequently asked questions for overseas use of ANZ Visa Debit Card
1. Why did ANZ disable overseas use of its ANZ Visa Debit Cards?
As part of recent industry-wide measures to minimise the possibility of unauthorised transactions being effected on your account, effective 1 July 2012, all ANZ Visa Debit Cards issued by ANZ Singapore branch linked to ANZ Current, Savings or MoneyLine Accounts cannot be used at overseas ATMs without prior approval from the cardholder. This change has been introduced to enhance security of your ANZ Visa Debit Card.
2. When has this change been implemented?
This change has been implemented with effect from 1 July 2012.
All ANZ Visa Debit Cards issued by ANZ Singapore branch linked to ANZ Current, Savings or MoneyLine Account will be de-activated for overseas ATM cash withdrawal unless instructions to activate overseas ATM cash withdrawal are received from the ATM cardholder.
4. Can I activate overseas ATM use on my ANZ Visa Debit Cards?
Yes, you can activate overseas use on your ANZ Visa Debit Cards through any of the following means:
- log into Personal Internet Banking at ANZ Singapore
- call our 24-hour customer service hotline at 1800 269 2269 (or +65 6269 2269 when calling from overseas)
- visit any ANZ Singapore ATM
- enquire at any of our branches during banking hours.
Yes, the bank will activate overseas use on your ANZ Visa Debit Cards immediately if you request for such activation via ATM or Phone banking using your T-pin. However, if you have made your request over Internet Banking or at the branch, please allow up to 3 business days for processing the same.
6. I have recently opened an account and received my new ANZ Visa Debit Card. Is the overseas ATM cash withdrawal function already activated?
No, your new ANZ Visa Debit Card is not activated for overseas ATM cash withdrawal. You can log into ANZ Personal Internet Banking or call our 24-hour Customer Service at 1800 269 2269 or +65 6269 2269 (if overseas) to activate your card for overseas ATM cash withdrawal. Alternatively, you can visit any of our ANZ Singapore ATMs or branches.
7. I am a joint account holder and both myself and the other account holder have an ANZ Visa Debit Card linked to the account. Can I activate/de-activate the overseas ATM cash withdrawal service for the card belonging to the other joint account holder?
No. We can only accept an instruction to activate or de-activate the ANZ ATM or Visa Debit Card for overseas use from the ATM cardholder. In this case, ANZ ATM or Visa Debit Card joint account holders need to contact the Bank for us to activate / de-activate the use of his/her ATM or Visa Debit Card overseas.
8. If I have activated my ANZ Visa Debit Card for overseas ATM cash withdrawal, when will this service be disabled?
You can specify the period for which you require the activation of overseas ATM cash withdrawal on your ANZ Visa Debit Card. At the end of this period, your ANZ Visa Debit Card will be de-activated for overseas ATM cash withdrawal.
9. Can I activate my ANZ Visa Debit Card for perpetual overseas use?
Yes, please indicate this in your request to the Bank for activating overseas use.
10. How safe is it for me to use ANZ ATMs overseas?
ANZ is committed to providing a secure ATM network. We have implemented various safeguards to ensure that your ATM transactions are secure.
For added protection, please change the PIN number of your ANZ Visa Debit Card regularly.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.