Overseas ATM cash withdrawal
To give you greater security when you bank with us, all ATM cards issued by ANZ Singapore will need to be activated for overseas use with effect from 1 July 2012.
Activate your ATM card for overseas use through:
- Log in to your Personal Internet Banking at ANZ Singapore
- Call 24-hour Customer Service Hotline at 1800 269 2269 or
+(65) 6269 2269
- Visit any ANZ Singapore ATM or branch
- Download and send us the completed request form (PDF 196kB).
SMS alert for overseas ATM cash withdrawal
For greater security, you will also receive a SMS alert for any local or overseas ATM cash withdrawal where amount is SGD 500 or more. Please ensure your mobile telephone number is updated with us.
Frequently asked questions for overseas use of ATM card
1. Why is ANZ disabling overseas use of its ATM cards?
As part of recent industry-wide measures to minimise the possibility of unauthorised transactions being effected on your account, effective 1 July 2012, all ATM cards issued by ANZ Singapore branch linked to Current /Savings / MoneyLine accounts cannot be used at overseas ATMs without prior approval from the ATM cardholder. This change is being introduced to enhance security of your ATM card.
2. When is this change implemented?
With effect from 1 July 2012, overseas ATM use will be de-activated for all ATM cards issued by ANZ Singapore branch.
All ATM cards issued by ANZ Singapore branch linked to Current / Savings / MoneyLine accounts will be de-activated for overseas ATM cash withdrawal unless instructions to activate overseas ATM cash withdrawal are received from the ATM cardholder.
4. Can I activate overseas ATM use on my ATM card?
Yes, you can activate overseas use on your ATM card through any of the following means:
- log into Personal Internet Banking at ANZ Singapore
- call our 24-hour customer service hotline at 1800 269 2269 (or +65 6269 2269 when calling from overseas)
- visit any ANZ Singapore ATM
- enquire at any of our branches during banking hours.
5. Will the bank activate overseas ATM use immediately upon my request?
Yes, the bank will activate overseas use on your ATM card immediately if you request for such activation via ATM or Phone banking using your T-pin. However, if you have made your request over Internet Banking or at the branch, please allow up to 3 working days for processing the same.
6. I have recently opened an account and received my new ATM card. Is the overseas ATM cash withdrawal function already activated?
No, your new ATM card is not activated for overseas ATM cash withdrawal. You can log into Personal Internet Banking at ANZ Singapore or call our 24-hour customer service hotline at 1800 269 2269 (or +65 6269 2269 when calling from overseas) to activate your card for overseas ATM cash withdrawal. Alternatively, you can visit any ANZ Singapore ATM or branch.
7. I am a joint account holder and both myself and the other account holder have an ATM card linked to the account. Can I activate / de-activate the overseas ATM cash withdrawal service for the card belonging to the other joint account holder?
No. We can only accept an instruction to activate or de-activate the ATM card for overseas use from the ATM cardholder. In this case, please ask the other joint account holder to contact the Bank for us to activate / de-activate the use of his/her ATM card overseas.
8. If I have activated my ATM card for overseas ATM cash withdrawal, when will this service be disabled?
You can specify the period for which you require the activation of overseas ATM cash withdrawal on your ATM card. At the end of this period, your ATM card will be de-activated for overseas ATM cash withdrawal.
9. Can I activate my ATM card for perpetual overseas use?
Yes, please indicate this in your request to the Bank for activating overseas use.
10. How safe is it for me to use ANZ ATMs overseas?
ANZ is committed to providing a secure ATM network. We have implemented various safeguards to ensure that your ATM transactions are secure. Please visit ANZ Singapore for further details on the same.
For added protection, please change the PIN number of your ATM card regularly.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.