Are you worried about your foreign exchange exposure in the future? We offer forward exchange contracts which eliminate uncertainty over where exchange rates will be at a future date. It provides a way to "lock in" an exchange rate for a later date.
Features at a glance
- A forward contract is a binding agreement to exchange a set amount of currency at a given exchange rate on a specific date in the future
- Available in USD, AUD, NZD, JPY, GBP, EURO and other currencies upon application
- Forward foreign exchange contracts are a valuable tool to manage foreign exchange exposures for:
- importers and exporters – trade
- investors and borrowers – capital
- The contract does not represent a forecast of where the exchange rate will be on the date. Rather, it is the spot price adjusted for interest differentials between the two currencies involved for the period between the spot and value dates
- They provide a way to "lock-in" an exchange rate for the future
- It will provide certainty for decision-making given a known value of the exchange rate on the due contract value date
- Eliminates uncertainty over where exchange rates will be at a future date
- Allows importers to know "what you will pay" and set prices accordingly.
For further information
For further information on foreign exchange contracts contact our Manager Markets Samoa on
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.