- Population: 188,000 (2012 Census report)
- Languages: English, Samoan
- Ethnic Groups: Samoan, Chinese, Europeans, Tongans, Fijians, Americans, and other Ethnic groups.
Samoa is located within the 480km Samoan archipelago in the south Pacific Ocean, about 3000km northeast of New Zealand.
- Currency: Samoa Tala (shown as WST or SAT).
- Government: Constitutional monarchy under native chief
- Head of State: His Highness Tuiatua Tupua Tamasese Efi.
- The Central Bank of Samoa (CBS) is the regulatory authority for banking in Samoa for travel only.
- The market is deregulated with rates set by individual banks, subject to market forces.
- CBS provides prudential guidance.