How does a working holiday around Australia picking fruit and vegetables sound? The Federal Government thought it sounded good enough to support the Harvest Trail program, a scheme linking job seekers with harvest jobs all around the country.
It’s seasonal work harvesting anything from cane in far north Queensland, bananas, citrus fruit in Western Australia, to picking olives just out of Melbourne.
Check out the Harvest Trail or call the National Harvest Telephone Information Service 1800 062 332.
How we can help
If you're planning to work your way around Australia or just a one-off bit of fruit picking we can help you get ready and then stay in touch with your banking while you are away.
An A-Z Review® - if you’re about to head away you may benefit from a conversation with one of our personal bankers. This could help ensure you have the right arrangements in place while you are away and make sure things are also in order back home. Request an A-Z Review®.
ANZ Internet Banking – allows you to manage your banking 24/7 wherever you can get online.
Credit cards3 - A flexible payment option while you're travelling. Choose from a range of rewards credit cards and you could earn points for travel purchases. Our platinum credit cards come with many built-in travel benefits such as overseas travel and medical cover Compare ANZ Credit Cards.
Savings solutions – you may need to save for your holiday. We have savings accounts that could suit the way you bank:
- ANZ Progress Saver – pays bonus interest4 if you when you make one deposit of $10 or more in a month and no withdrawals or debits in that month. It also provides branch access.
- ANZ Online Saver – if you would rather bank online then this could be the savings account for you. It pays interest and gives you 24/7 online access to your money5 via your linked ANZ account. You can even name your account after your goal – perhaps you’d like to call it your Holiday account!
ANZ Term Deposits – you may want to place some money in a term deposit to deliver income while you are on the road. The minimum balance is $5,0006 and we have terms from three months to five years. Find out more about ANZ Term Deposits.
ANZ Insurance solutions – Insurance cover to help ensure that your car (and/or caravan/camper) are protected while you are away and when you are back home. There are also insurance covers to help protect your family home, if it is to remain empty or if you are planning on renting it while you are away. Find out more about ANZ Car Insurance.
Car finance - it can take a long time to find the right car. How much petrol it consumes, how well it handles and even how good it looks – there’s so much to weigh up. Once you have found ‘the one’ you’ll want to get the finances out of the way and get behind the wheel as soon as possible. That’s where ANZ comes in. With a choice of secured and unsecured loans, we can tailor a package that suits your needs. Our approval process is fast and easy and that means you’ll be out on the road sooner. Find out about car finance.
ANZ goMoney is a registered trademark of ANZ.
Terms and conditions are available on application. Fees and charges apply.
Any advice does not take into account your personal needs and financial circumstances and you should consider whether it is appropriate for you. ANZ recommends you read the Terms and Conditions and the Financial Services Guide before acquiring the product.
1. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.
2. Eligibility criteria apply to issue of an ANZ Access Visa Debit card. Please contact us for further information.
3. Terms and conditions are available on application. Fees and charges apply. All applications for credit are subject to ANZ’s credit assessment criteria.
4. The ANZ Progress Saver account pays bonus interest in addition to the current base interest when you make a single deposit of $10 or more per month and make no withdrawals or debits in that same month. Month commences on account opening date.
5 ANZ Online Saver is only open to customers who are the account holders of, or signatories to, eligible ANZ deposit accounts with ANZ Internet and/or Phone Banking access. Eligible accounts include ANZ Access Advantage, ANZ Access Select, ANZ Access Basic, ANZ Access Deeming, ANZ Progress Saver, ANZ V2 PLUS, ANZ Premium Cash Management Account and ANZ Everyday Visa Debit. Terms and conditions and fees and charges apply to the eligible account.
6. A minimum investment of $5,000 is required. At the end of the term, if you have not told us what you want to do with your funds, we will reinvest them in the same type of ANZ Term Deposit. In this case, the interest rate applicable to your new ANZ Term Deposit may be lower or higher than the interest rate on your maturing ANZ Term Deposit. You can contact us at maturity of your ANZ Term Deposit to confirm interest rates that will apply upon reinvestment.