Register now for ANZ Shield
Here's what you'll need to do
TIP: For initial ANZ Shield registration, you will need two devices in order to sync your ANZ Internet Banking to your ANZ Shield app (e.g.: a mobile device with the ANZ Shield app, and a laptop to access your ANZ Internet Banking)
Log on to
ANZ Internet Banking
from top menu
Select 'ANZ Shield'
You're eligible to register for ANZ Shield if you:
- Are a personal or business customer using ANZ Internet Banking
- Have an iPhone running iOS 5.0 or above
- Have an Android phone running Android 2.2 (Froyo) or above.
If you're a business customer using ANZ Internet Banking for Business, you will continue to use your existing ANZ Security Device which already provides you with an additional layer of security. ANZ Shield is available for use with ANZ Internet Banking only.
Existing ANZ Internet Banking customers:
- Log on to ANZ Internet Banking.
- Select 'Profile' from top menu.
- Select 'ANZ Shield' to begin registration.
- You'll be guided step-by-step through the simple registration process.
- To protect the security of your ANZ Internet Banking registration, you'll be asked to answer your Challenge Questions when registering for ANZ Shield.
New ANZ Internet Banking customers:
- If you don't currently have ANZ Internet Banking, you can apply for ANZ Shield when you're completing your ANZ Internet Banking registration.
Your phone or tablet requires network connectivity and push notifications enabled to complete the ANZ Shield registration process.
Open the ANZ Shield app from your registered phone, and then enter your four digit ANZ Shield PIN to automatically generate a unique six digit Shield Code. You'll only need to generate a Shield Code if you are prompted to do so during an ANZ Internet Banking payment or activity.
Please note that a Shield Code is different to a Sync Code. If you are being asked to enter a Sync Code into the ANZ Shield app, you will need to log into ANZ Internet Banking and complete the registration process to generate a Sync Code.
Want to find out more about ANZ Shield? Watch the ANZ Shield Introduction Video.
If you change your phone or tablet, you can transfer your ANZ Shield registration to your new phone or tablet via the 'ANZ Shield Hub'.
To access the 'ANZ Shield Hub':
- Click the 'ANZ Shield' link under the 'Profile' tab in ANZ Internet Banking.
- Don't have your registered phone or tablet available? Please contact us on 13 33 50 (International callers: +61 3 9683 8833) 24 hours a day, seven days.
You're able to deregister ANZ Shield at any time. ANZ Shield has been designed to add an extra layer of security to your ANZ Internet Banking, so please consider if this is the appropriate action for you.
If you have access to ANZ Shield on your phone or tablet:
- Click the 'ANZ Shield' link under the 'Update Details' tab in ANZ Internet Banking.
- Click 'Deregister' from the 'ANZ Shield Hub'.
If you don't have your registered phone or tablet available:
Contact us on 13 33 50 (International callers: +61 3 9683 8833 ) 24 hours a day, seven days.
Contact us on 13 33 50 (International callers: +61 3 9683 8833) 24 hours a day, seven days.
Please note: When you find your phone or get a new phone, you'll need to register again for ANZ Shield.
Developer Settings (also known as Developer Options) must be disabled in order to use ANZ Shield.
Locating these settings varies by device as they are often hidden within the Settings menu. If you need instructions on how to locate and maintain these settings please refer to your device’s User Guide.
iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.,registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.