ANZ First Visa
A simple, straight forward, low annual fee credit card
0% p.a. on balances transferred from non-ANZ cards to a new card for the first 16 months then unpaid balance reverts to the standard annual percentage interest rate on balance transfers, currently (View current rates)1
Awarded Smart Investor Blue Ribbon Award 2012 for balance transfer card of the year
An ANZ First Visa credit card may be suitable for you if you would like to:
- have a no frills, low annual fee credit card
- have 24/7 Falcon™ around the clock monitoring for suspicious transactions on your ANZ First Visa credit card
- Design your own ANZ First Visa credit card by simply loading your favourite image or choose from a library of images using ANZ designmycard4.
- Worldwide emergency credit card replacement for your ANZ First Visa card.
- As an ANZ First Visa cardholder, you have access to a range of services including:
- Flexibility to add up to three additional credit cardholders to your account at no extra cost.
- Extended warranty3 - double the manufacturer's expressed Australian warranty on goods by up to 12 months when the entire purchase is charged to your ANZ First Visa.
- 90-day purchase security insurance3 - insurance against loss, theft or breakage over a range of new personal items when the purchase is charged to your ANZ First Visa card.
- ANZ Visa payWave, a new contactless payment feature on the ANZ First Visa credit card allowing you to pay for purchases under $100 without swiping, signing, or entering a PIN at any participating merchants.
- Visa Entertainment providing you with access to special events, exclusive merchandise packages and home entertainment products. Visit the Visa entertainment website for more information.
How to apply:
Once approved, you may expect to receive your low annual account fee credit card within five business days. You don’t need to be an ANZ customer to apply for ANZ First Visa credit card.
ANZ credit card application requirements:
- You are over 18 years of age.
- You have a good credit rating.
- You are a permanent Australian resident, earning a minimum annual income of $15,000 if applying for an ANZ Credit Card account. If you require a Platinum credit card account or you are a non-permanent Australian resident, you must earn a minimum annual income of $50,000.
Terms and conditions are available on application. Fees and charges apply.
All applications for credit cards are subject to ANZ's credit assessment criteria.
1. Offer only available to new and approved applicants who apply for an ANZ First, ANZ Platinum, ANZ Low Rate or ANZ Low Rate Platinum credit card account with the balance transfer by 27 October 2014. Offer available in respect of balances transferred from non-ANZ credit or store cards only. Not available in conjunction with other offers, packages or promotions or in respect of balances transferred from an existing ANZ account. The balance transfer must be requested at the time of applying for, or activating, the credit card. The Promotional Plan annual percentage interest rate expires 16 months after the date the credit card application is approved, and any amounts forming part of the relevant Promotional Plan balance at that time will be allocated to the standard balance transfers balance of the credit card account. The standard annual percentage interest rate is (View current rates) on purchases and standard balance transfers and (View current rates) on cash advances for ANZ Low Rate and ANZ Low Rate Platinum as at (View current rates) and is subject to change. The standard annual percentage interest rate is (View current rates) on purchases and standard balance transfers and (View current rates) on cash advances for ANZ First and ANZ Platinum as at (View current rates) and is subject to change. Terms and conditions apply to balance transfers (please call 13 13 14 for a copy). Payments to your account are applied in accordance with the ANZ Credit Cards Conditions of Use.
3. Extended Warranty Insurance, 90-day Purchase Security Insurance, Best Price Guarantee Scheme and Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance is underwritten by Zurich Australian Insurance Limited ABN 13 000 296 640, AFSL 232507. Terms and conditions apply to the cover provided. For more information refer to the Premium Cards - insurances booklet (PDF 484kB) – Part 2 Zurich Policy Wordings.
4. Subject to ANZ designmycard Image Guidelines. Terms and Conditions available at the Designmycard website.
5. Interest free periods on the purchases do not apply if you do not pay your Closing Balance (or, if applicable, your 'Closing Balance' less Instalment Plan and Buy Now Pay later plan balances) shown on each statement of account in full by the applicable due date . Payments to your account are applied in the order set out in the ANZ Credit Cards Conditions of Use.
6. ANZ Car Rental Cover is underwritten by QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited (ABN 78 003 191 035) trading as Western QBE Insurance.
™ ANZ Falcon is a trademark of Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (ANZ) ABN 11 005 357 522. Falcon™ is a trademark of Fair Isaac Corporation.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.