ANZ balance transfers
Like to get on top of your credit card debt?
Transfer the debit balances from your non-ANZ credit or store card accounts to an ANZ personal credit card and you could get back in control and save money on interest so you could reduce your debt sooner1.
Current offers for new customers
0% p.a. for the first 16 months on balances transferred from non-ANZ credit or store cards to one of the following ANZ credit cards. A 2% Balance Transfer Fee applies.2
Low rate credit cards
Low fee credit cards
Here's how much new customers could save
Amount transferred from non-ANZ card
Balance Transfer Fee
Indicative interest savings on balance transferred (over 16 months, includes Balance Transfer Fee)4
How to request a balance transfer
|When applying for a new ANZ credit card|
1. On your credit card application, ensure you complete the balance transfer section.
2. Once your ANZ credit card application is approved you’ll be sent your new ANZ credit card. Activate your card by calling the phone number provided.
3. Once the credit card is activated, we may contact you to verify the balance transfer details. Upon activation, your balance transfer (if approved) will also be actioned automatically, provided that all your balance transfer details are correct. This can take between 3 and 15 business days depending on the institution from which the balance is being transferred1.
4. Once the balance transfer has been successfully processed, the transaction will appear on the transaction listing on your credit card statement of account. If the balance transfer is subject to a Promotional Plan, the transaction will also appear under the heading 'Accepted Promotions' on your ANZ credit card statement of account. This section of your statement will also outline the applicable interest rate and the expiry date of the relevant Promotional Plan.
|When you already have an ANZ credit card|
1. Call 1800 007 511 (7am-10pm, Mon to Sun) to transfer a debit balance from a non-ANZ credit or store card account to your existing ANZ credit card account. You will need to provide details of the balances to be transferred including:
2. We will process balance transfer once it has been approved. This processing can take between 3 and 15 business days depending on the institution from which the balance is being transferred1.
Things you should know
Balance transfer acceptance
ANZ is unable to accept a balance transfer:
- from other ANZ accounts
- from credit cards issued outside Australia
- if the balance on your ANZ card has reached or exceeded 95% of the available credit limit balance
- if you are in default on any existing ANZ credit card account
- if the other account named in your application is in default at the time the application is received.
Please note: ANZ will not process a balance transfer to the extent that this would result in the total amount outstanding on your credit card account exceeding 95% of your credit limit (but may process so much of a balance transfer as would not result in the total amount outstanding on your credit card account exceeding the relevant amount).
Interest free periods
If you have a credit card that offers interest free periods on purchases, you must generally pay the full Closing Balance (or, if applicable, your 'Closing Balance' less Instalment Plan and Buy Now Pay later plan balances) shown on each statement of account (including the full outstanding amount of any balance transfer) by each applicable due date in order to continue getting the benefit of the interest free periods. Payments to your account are applied in the order set out in the ANZ Credit Cards Conditions of Use.
|Balance transfer interest rates|
You can find out the applicable balance transfer interest rate by clicking below on the ANZ Credit Card account to which you wish to transfer your balance. In certain cases, a promotional interest rate may apply (in which case that interest rate will be identified in the relevant promotional balance transfer offer).
Got a question about balance transfers?
Terms and conditions are available on application. Fees and charges apply. All applications for credit are subject to ANZ's credit assessment criteria.
1. ANZ will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever resulting from a delay in the process of receiving, approving or processing a balance transfer application.
2. Offer only available to new and approved credit card applicants who apply for an ANZ First, ANZ Platinum, ANZ Low Rate or ANZ Low Rate Platinum credit card account with the balance transfer. This is a limited time only offer which may be withdrawn or changed at any time without notice. Offer available in respect of balances transferred from non-ANZ credit and store card accounts only. Not available in conjunction with other offers, packages or promotions or in respect of balances transferred from an existing ANZ account. The offer must be requested at the time of applying for the credit card. The Balance Transfer Fee (which is a Specific Fee on the credit card account) is 2% of the balance transferred and will be applied at the time the balance is transferred and form part of the Promotional Plan balance.The Promotional Plan annual percentage interest rate expires 16 months after the date the credit card application is approved, and after the first 16 months the standard balance transfers annual percentage rate will apply to any unpaid Promotional Plan balance. The standard balance transfers annual percentage rate is (View current rates) for ANZ First, (View current rates) for ANZ Platinum, (View current rates) for ANZ Low Rate and (View current rates) for ANZ Low Rate Platinum as at (View current rates) and is subject to change. Terms and conditions apply to balance transfers. Payments to your account are applied in accordance with the ANZ Credit Cards Conditions of Use.
3. The ANZ Platinum Annual Account Fee ("Annual Fee") will be waived in the first year. In each subsequent year, if you make Eligible Purchases of $20,000 or more annually using your ANZ Platinum account your next Annual Fee will be waived. Eligible Purchases must be made in the year prior to your next Fee Date. Your Fee Date is the date that your account is assessed for charging an Annual Fee. If your account has not previously been charged an Annual Fee then for the purpose of determining your eligibility for the waiver, your Fee Date is the first date that your account is assessed for charging an Annual Fee. Eligible Purchases includes purchases made using your account, but excludes Balance Transfers, cash advances, interest, fees, transactions reversed and purchase refunds. If you do not make at least $20,000 of Eligible Purchases in the year prior to your Fee Date the Annual Fee will be charged to your account. If you are a member of the Sphere Rewards Program your Rewards Program Services Fee will continue to apply regardless of your annual Eligible Purchases spend.
4. This is an estimate only, provided for illustrative purposes and does not constitute a quote. The estimated savings are rounded to the nearest whole dollar and have been calculated based on the following assumptions: minimum monthly repayments of 2% of the outstanding balance are made each month; a balance transfer fee of 2% of the transferred balance applies; no other transactions are made; Interest Rate for non-ANZ card is 19.99% p.a.