ANZ makes banking simple and easy for international students. You'll have access to a range of bank accounts and products designed to help you make the most of your money.
Find out more about international student banking with ANZ and how we can help you with your move to Australia.
- Everyday bank account offer for international students
- Saving for your goals
- Easy access to your savings
- Grow your money with a fixed term investment
- Send, receive or exchange money from overseas
- Open an Australian account before you leave home
An everyday bank account is helpful for accessing your money quickly and conveniently.
ANZ Access Advantage gives you unlimited access to ANZ ATMs, Phone and Internet Banking, plus branch, cheque and EFTPOS1. As an international student studying full time at an Australian Educational Institution, you can apply for a waiver2 of the monthly account service fee of $5 on one nominated ANZ Access Advantage account. The only time you’ll incur additional ANZ fees on your account is if you try to or do overdraw your account and/or transact overseas.
Plus, if you're aged 18 or over you may have access to Visa Debit3 so you can enjoy the freedom to use your own money online, over the phone and overseas.
You might have some savings, or maybe you're going to get a part time job. However you choose to support yourself, an ANZ Progress Saver account could help you save while you study.
With ANZ Progress Saver you could be rewarded with bonus interest in addition to the current base interest when you make at least one single deposit of $10 or more in a month and make no withdrawals or debits in that same month5. What's more, an ANZ Progress Saver account has no monthly account service fee and can be linked to your Access Advantage account, making it easy to transfer funds.
ANZ Online Saver is an easy way to save with the convenience of an online savings account, with no minimum balance, no withdrawal fees and no fixed term requirements4.
If you are currently overseas but are planning to move to Australia, you can apply for an ANZ Access Advantage and ANZ Online Saver account prior to your arrival. Visit our Moving to Australia information section to begin the account application process.
ANZ Term Deposits are a low risk investment with a fixed rate of interest over a fixed investment term. If you need a regular income from your deposit and don't need immediate access to your funds, then an ANZ Term Deposit could be ideal for you.
The ANZ Foreign Exchange Service allows you to exchange certain foreign currencies into Australian Dollars at any ANZ branch and deposit certain foreign currencies directly into your ANZ account. If you're travelling overseas you can buy foreign cash or travellers cheques over the counter or pay directly from your ANZ account. Fees and charges apply.
Friends and family overseas can electronically transfer money directly into your ANZ account from their local bank. To send money overseas you will need to provide the banking details of the person you wish to send money to and we will electronically transfer the funds from your ANZ account to their account. Fees and conditions apply.
You can find a conveniently located ANZ branch by using our branch locator.
If you are planning to study in Australia, opening a bank account before you move could help you make a smoother landing, with the ability to transfer funds before you leave.
Once you arrive and identify yourself at any ANZ branch, you will have access to the funds, including the ability to make withdrawals from the account.
To open an Australian account or find out more about living in Australia visit MovingtoAustralia.anz.com.
We also have a network of Specialty International Service branches in major capital cities with multi-lingual staff who are able to support you once you arrive.
1. Fees and charges apply. Please refer to ANZ Personal Banking Account Fees and Charges (PDF 92kB) for fees and charges that apply. Rates are variable and subject to change.
2. Full-time students need to show proof of enrolment with an Australian Educational Institution at any ANZ branch in order to receive a monthly account service fee waiver. Students need to renew their monthly account service fee waiver annually with proof of enrolment at an ANZ branch in order for the waiver to continue.
3. Eligibility criteria apply to issue of ANZ Access Visa Debit card.
4. ANZ Online Saver is only open to customers who are the account holders of, or signatories to, an eligible ANZ deposit account with ANZ Internet and/or Phone Banking access. Eligible accounts include ANZ Access Advantage, ANZ Access Select, ANZ Access Basic, ANZ Pensioner Advantage, ANZ Progress Saver, ANZ V2 PLUS and ANZ Premium Cash Management Account Terms and conditions and fees and charges apply to the eligible account.
5. For bonus interest qualification, month ends on the day that is the monthly anniversary of your account opening, or the prior business day if the anniversary falls on a non-business day.
However, if the monthly anniversary of your account opening falls on a non-business day and the previous business day was in a prior calendar month, your month ends on the calendar day prior to the anniversary date.
Important Changes: On and from 30 April 2014, you will be eligible to receive bonus interest in respect of a particular month if the set minimum deposit (currently $10) and no withdrawals, fees or charges are processed to your account on or before the last business day of that calendar month, and after the last business day of the previous calendar month.
Any advice does not take into account your personal needs and financial circumstances and you should consider whether it is appropriate for you.
Eligibility criteria apply to issue of ANZ Access Visa Debit card.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.