If you are a concession card holder or receiving Government benefits, you may be eligible for one of ANZ's concessions on everyday bank accounts.
ANZ Access Basic – an account that offers affordable convenient banking with no monthly account service fees while providing easy access to your funds.
ANZ Pensioner Advantage – enjoy banded interest rates, ANZ Access Visa Debit card access and no monthly account service fees for affordable banking.
Both ANZ Access Basic and ANZ Pensioner Advantage offer eligible Government benefit recipients a range of benefits including:
- Save money on your banking – pay no monthly account service fee.
- Flexible banking – no minimum balance requirements to be eligible for the account benefits.
- Convenient and easy banking – unlimited access to ANZ ATMs, ANZ Phone Banking & Internet Banking, plus branch and EFTPOS1.
- Cheque book option available with ANZ Pensioner Advantage account.
- With an ANZ Pensioner Advantage account, make your everyday purchases on your ANZ Access Visa Debit Card using your own money.
To open an ANZ Access Basic or ANZ Pensioner Advantage account you must:
- Be an Australian resident, with an Australian address - who can complete a customer identification process in an ANZ branch upon opening the account or be an existing ANZ customer
- Hold the account in a personal name (no company or trading accounts)
- Have your income, pension or allowance paid into your ANZ account
- For joint accounts – both parties must have their pension or allowance paid into the account
- Be a recipient of payments from Centrelink or the Australian Department of Veterans' affairs. Eligible allowances also include:
- Seniors Concession card
- Pensioner Concession card
- Centrelink Health Care card
- Repatriation Health card (Department of Veterans' Affairs).
ANZ Pensioner Advantage
- Aged pension
- Disability Support pension
- Widow's pension or allowance
- Wife's pension
- Carer's pension
- Sole parent’s pension
- Service pension
- Incentive allowance
- New start allowance (including Mature Age allowance and Mature Partner allowance)
- Sickness allowance
- Special Benefit allowance
- Partner allowance
- Parenting allowance.
You may also need (if applicable):
- pension type
- pension number
- Centrelink or Veterans' Affairs number.
It is not compulsory to provide your Tax File Number (TFN) – however, if you choose not to provide this, ANZ is required to deduct withholding tax from any interest earned on your ANZ Pensioner Advantage account above a certain threshold.
Interest rates only apply to ANZ Pensioner Advantage accounts. There is no interest paid on ANZ Access Basic accounts.
|Balances below $2,000||(View current rates)variable|
|Balances between $2,000 and $44,600||(View current rates)variable|
|Balances over $44,600||(View current rates)variable|
|ANZ Access Basic||ANZ Pensioner Advantage|
|Monthly account service fee||$0||$0|
|Card Type||ANZ Access card||ANZ Access Visa Debit card|
|Access options||Unlimited access to ANZ ATMs, Phone & Internet Banking, plus branch and EFTPOS1||Unlimited access to ANZ ATMs, Phone & Internet Banking, plus branch, cheque and EFTPOS1|
Saver Plus – a program that can assist you to save for education expenses and can provide dollar for dollar matching for your savings.
How to apply
To apply you will need to visit your nearest ANZ branch or call us on 13 33 33 between 8.00am and 8.00pm AEST, Monday to Friday.
Unsure if either the ANZ Basic Account or ANZ Pensioner Advantage is the right everyday banking account for you?
Compare all ANZ savings accounts to see which account could best suit your needs.
ANZ Pensioner Advantage and ANZ Access Basic are covered by the Australian Government Deposit Guarantee scheme3.
Terms and conditions are available on application. Fees and charges apply.
1. Fees and charges apply. Please refer to ANZ Personal Banking Account Fees and Charges (PDF 136kB) for fees and charges that apply.
2. Fees may apply including overseas ATM fees and transaction fees.
3. Deposit accounts with ANZ with balances of up to and including A$250,000 in total are guaranteed by the Federal Government without charge. The guarantee applies to the total balance held in one or more ANZ deposit accounts by each legal entity, up to a maximum amount of A$250,000. For further information please refer to the Financial Claims Scheme.
Any advice does not take into account your personal needs and financial circumstances and you should consider whether it is appropriate for you.
Eligibility criteria apply to issue of ANZ Access Visa Debit card.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.