ANZ Papua New Guinea understands that customers want to be able to use their funds wherever and whenever they want. Our EFTPOS terminals are facilitated either on business premises or on the bank’s premises to allow for this.
A merchant service fee is charged based on the Kina value and transaction volume of all transactions passing through the electronic terminal. At this stage, terminals and PIN pads in Papua New Guinea are provided to the merchant free of charge.
Features at a glance
- Simple and easy usage
- Enhanced security for PIN protection and card verification
- Cutting edge technology (Bluetooth EFTPOS)
- Accepts all major credit cards (local and international) and all Papua New Guinea debit cards
- Ability to accept American Express
- Our EFTPOS channel accepts ANZ Access Card, BSP Savecard and Kunducard, Westpac Handycard, Amex Charge Card, JCB (Japanese Credit Bureau) Charge card & all international and locally issued Visa Credit cards and MasterCards
- This means that our EFTPOS terminals processes 95% of all electronic card initiated transactions in Papua New Guinea
- Our EFTPOS requires dedicated, direct telephone lines to operate successfully. To safeguard against regular power surges, it is highly recommended that the terminal is connected to its own UPS socket, and also protected by a "power surge protector". A power surge will totally destroy the terminal, and the cost of replacing equipment is at the merchant’s expense.
Note: ANZ Papua New Guinea does not issue MasterCard credit cards.
- Compact, simple-to-use terminal and printer
- Immediate online authorisation
- Ability to offer cash-out facility (optional)
- Pre-authorisation facility (upon application), ideal for hotels
- Tipping facility which is ideal for restaurants (see your EBS Support Officer for availability)
- Same-day credit to your ANZ Settlement Account (see your Merchant Operating Guide for End of Day cut-off times)
- Accepts all major credit cards
- On the spot payment processing
- All debit card transactions and credit card transactions are processed online and banked into the merchant’s specified ANZ Papua New Guinea Settlement account via the merchant’s terminal daily upload function
- Detailed staff training is provided and performed on the day the merchant facilities are installed and on going support is provided thereafter whenever needed. All training related documentation, process guides and step‐by‐step written procedures are provided free of charge
- All transactions accepted on a POS terminal must be banked following the terminal settlement process and this must be performed manually after close of business, every day & prior to balancing the day’s business transactions.
Help and support
The ANZ Electronic Banking Services Help Desk is available on 180 1022, 24 hours, 7 days a week to answer all card and transaction related enquires and is designed to support our merchants by:
- providing voice authorisation for credit card transactions
- assisting in credit and debit card transaction processing
- assisting with POS terminal difficulties.
Find out more now
Arrange for set up of the ANZ Merchant Facility by:
- visiting your local ANZ branch
+675 321 1079to speak to an ANZ specialist
- sending us an online enquiry.
Terms and conditions available upon request. Fees and charges apply.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.