ANZ Papua New Guinea understands that individuals as well as businesses conduct business locally and internationally. Therefore, opening a foreign currency account in a currency other than PGK can be done. However, business entities will require prior approval of the Central Bank (BPNG) to open an account with ANZ.
Features at a glance
- Account conducted in a foreign currency with ANZ PNG Ltd. in PNG
- Has no cheque issuing facility
- Has no overdraft facility
- No credit interest is paid
- All activity actioned by the account holder is by way of written authority.
- suspending foreign currency receipts pending future payments
- effecting foreign currency payments in advance of future offsetting receipts
- buying or selling foreign currencies in advance when exchange rates are advantageous.
Note: All subject to PNG Exchange Control regulations.
Terms and conditions
For business entities:
- subject to conditions contained in the Central Bank (BPNG) approval for the opening of the account
- must provide a copy of documents to comply with ANZ’s identification as well as Local Regulator’s verification requirements.
Fees and charges
- Normal PGK account maintenance fees quoted in the currency of the account.
Open an account now
Open your foreign currency account by:
- visiting your local ANZ branch
+675 322 3232to speak to an ANZ specialist
- sending us an online enquiry.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.