CEO PNG and North West Pacific
Vishnu Mohan is the CEO of ANZ’s Operation in PNG and North West Pacific covering also Solomon Islands and Timor Leste.
Vishnu is a highly experienced international banker having previously held many senior roles with UK’s Standard Chartered Bank in a career spanning over 30 years and covering the Middle East, North America, Southern Africa, West Africa, Thailand, Sri Lanka and Singapore.
Predominantly a Corporate banker, Vishnu was also the CEO of Standard Chartered in Ghana, Thailand and Sri Lanka, before being appointed as the Group Head of Islamic Banking, a position he held prior to joining ANZ in January 2009.
Vishnu briefly spent time as an Advisor with ANZ’s partnership bank AmBank in Malaysia before arriving in Port Moresby to assume his current responsibility in July 2009.
Date joined ANZ: January 2009
- 2009 - CEO North West Pacific
- 2006 - Group Head, Islamic Banking, Standard Chartered Bank
- 2003 - CEO, Sri Lanka, Standard Chartered Banking
- 2000 - Thailand, Standard Chartered Banking
- 1996 - CEO, Ghana, Standard Chartered Banking
- 1977 - 1996 - Various senior roles including Head of Corporate, Dubai, Head of Credit U.A.E, SVP & Credit Controller, Canada and Area Head of Credit, South Africa with Standard Chartered Bank