Clearing and Payment Services for Overseas Banks
ANZ is a leading provider of Australian Dollar (AUD) and New Zealand Dollar (NZD) account and payment services to banks around the globe. ANZ can provide efficient payment services and real-time transaction and balance reporting through the Internet, SWIFT and an externally hosted service.
Bank to Bank payments
- S.W.I.F.T. MT 200 series (bank to bank) payment instructions are directly credited to accounts of counterparties that also maintain their accounts with ANZ or they are processed straight through the Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) system to an account held with another Australian bank.
- High degree of straight-through processing are in effect, enabling us to offer attractive cut-off times and process payments up until the system closes.
- A high proportion of transactions are between ANZ customer accounts.
- Commercial payments - MT 103 payments are processed straight through to ANZ customer accounts or to an account at another local bank.
- Draft Service - A full draft drawing service is available. Customers can chose to use their own stylised drafts, or we can provide books of standard drafts with or without a customer logo.
- Cash Letter Service - Drafts and cheques drawn in AUD and NZD and payable in Australia and New Zealand dollar can be remitted for clearing 'under usual reserve'.
- Clean Collection Service - For higher value items which require certainty of payment and cheques drawn in foreign currency payable locally in Australia and New Zealand.
A comprehensive range of reporting, both real-time and end of day is available and can be accessed via our Internet service ANZ Connect, SWIFT, or through a Cable and Wireless' hosted service.
Learn more about ANZ clearing services