Flexibility and Ease with ANZ Visa Debit Card
1. Easy and convenient payment online.
2. Acceptance at over 30 million Visa locations worldwide.
3. Increased security feature on the card.
4. Enhanced virtual shopping experience.
At ANZ, we believe these are great benefits that will assist our customers.
Terms and Conditions apply. Click on the links provided below to download a copy:
- ANZ Visa Debit Card Terms & Conditions (PDF 68kB)
- E-Book ‘How to use a Visa Debit card’ (PDF 1.09MB)
- Visa Debit Card customer brochure (PDF 88kB)
ANZ VISA DEBIT CARD FEES1
1Applicable Savings and/or Transact deposit product fees will also apply
2Other Bank’s charges may apply
^Electronic fee charge is dependent on the deposit account to which the Visa Debit / Access card is linked to
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does the ANZ Visa Debit Card work?
- How do I activate my new/replacement ANZ Visa Debit Card?
- How do I receive my ANZ Visa Debit Card PIN?
- Are there any limits on how much I can spend with my ANZ Visa Debit Card?
- Are there any fees associated with the use of ANZ Visa Debit Card?
- What should I do if my ANZ Visa Debit Card is lost, stolen or if any PIN has been compromised?
- What are the security features on the ANZ Visa Debit Card?
- My debit card transaction has been declined by the merchant. Why is this so?
- What should I do if I find an unauthorized transaction/s in my statement?
- What should I do if my ANZ Visa Debit Card is damaged?
- What should I do if I forget my ANZ Visa Debit Card PIN?
- How long is my ANZ Visa Debit Card valid for?
- Can I apply for the ANZ Visa Debit Card if I currently have an ANZ Local/International Access Card?
- What happens to my existing ANZ Local/International Access Card after I get my ANZ Visa Debit Card?
- Where can I obtain a copy of the ANZ Visa Debit Card Terms and Conditions?
The ANZ Visa Debit Card can be used to withdraw cash at ANZ ATMs in Kiribati. In addition, it can be used for cash withdrawal at Visa/PLUS ATMs worldwide, PIN and signature-based local and overseas purchases, and card-not-present transactions (such as online, mail and phone orders) at millions of Visa merchants globally. The transaction amount will be directly deducted from your account linked to the card.
Please contact us at +679 3316644 to activate your card. Please do not use the card until it is activated. For your protection, please sign at the back of the card immediately. Once you have received and activated the new card, please destroy your existing ANZ International Access/Local Access/Visa Debit card by cutting it in half diagonally and discard it.
- If you have requested for a PIN during your card order, please collect it from your branch.
- If this is your renewal card and you did not request a new PIN, please continue to use your existing PIN.
- If you would like to reset your PIN, please contact us at +679 3316644.
By default, your ANZ Visa Debit card limits are as follows:
|Transaction Limits||ANZ Visa Debit Card (Classic)||ANZ Visa Debit Card (Gold)|
|ATM Withdrawal Limit||Daily Limit of all ATM withdrawal transactions (local and international)||AUD 1,000 Daily||AUD 2,000 Daily|
|Retail Purchase Transaction Limit||Daily limit of all EFTPOS and Card-Not-Present transactions (local and international)||AUD 4,000 Daily||AUD 6,000 Daily|
|International Transaction Limit||Monthly Cumulative limit of all Retail Purchases and ATM Withdrawals performed overseas or via overseas merchants (including all electronic transactions)||AUD 10,000 Monthly||AUD 20,000 Monthly|
Yes. Please refer to the related fees.
Please notify us immediately by calling our 24-hour Customer Service at +679 3316644 to either put a stop on the card or to cancel the card. Please follow the instructions of our Customer Service staff when you call.
In some cases, an ANZ Visa Debit Card may be issued to you for temporary use for a limited period of time while you are overseas if you inform us of an emergency need for a new or replacement card.
The ANZ Visa Debit Card comes with a comprehensive range of security features:
- EMV Smart Chip makes the card more secure and helps protect you from potential identity theft and fraudulent activity.
- New and replacement cards are de-activated (blocked) cards and require customer activation.
- Continuous fraud monitoring technology available to identify suspicious activity and help prevent unauthorised transactions (excludes all transactions not processed by Visa or PLUS).
The transaction may have been declined due to a number of reasons. There may be insufficient funds in your account or you may have exceeded your daily or monthly transaction limit. Please contact our 24-hour Customer Service at +679 3316644.
You must notify ANZ immediately by calling our 24-hour Customer Service at +679 3316644.
Please contact our 24-hour Customer Service at +679 3316644 to request a new or replacement card and follow the instructions from our Customer Service team
Please contact our 24-hour Customer Service at +679 3316644 to reset your ANZ Visa Debit Card PIN.
Your ANZ Visa Debit Card will be valid for 3 Years from the date of issuance. The validity dates will be on the front of the card.
A renewal card should be issued to you before your card expires. You will need to activate the renewal card by contacting our 24-hour Customer Service at +679 3316644. For your protection, please sign the back of the card immediately.
Once you have received and activated the new card, you must destroy your existing Visa Debit Card by cutting it in half diagonally including the chip and dispose of it. If you did not request a new PIN, please continue to use your existing PIN.
Yes. Please visit your nearest ANZ Branch to apply for the ANZ Visa Debit Card.
For customers that have applied for the ANZ Visa Debit Card, any ANZ Local/International Access cards that are linked to the same account as the ANZ Visa Debit Card will be automatically disabled upon the first usage of the ANZ Visa Debit Card.
You should dispose of the disabled ANZ Local/International Access card immediately by cutting it in half diagonally.
The terms and conditions can be accessed online.
General debit card safety tips
- Keep your card in a safe place where it won’t bend or get scratched.
- Protect your card, password and PIN from fraudulent activity. Never leave your card unattended and always make sure your card is returned after every purchase.
- Save your receipts and compare your transactions against your monthly statement.
- Check your statements and transaction history regularly (such as via internet banking) where possible.
- Report lost or stolen cards, passwords or PINs to the Bank immediately.
- When shopping online, use a secure server and shop with merchants you know and trust. Never click “save password for this site” and make sure you log out of any online merchant after you have shopped and provided your card details.
- Never leave your debit card as a “security deposit” or as identification.
- Never lend your debit card to anyone.
- Never disclose your password or PIN to anyone.
- Never carry your PIN in your wallet or write it on the back of your debit card, and don’t choose an obvious number (such as your birth date or telephone number) for your PIN.
Fees are subject to change. For more information about fees please refer to the Fees and Charges brochure.
How to apply
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.