Rename an account
We know that when using ANZ Internet Banking there are certain accounts you use more than others so we make it easy for you to customise the way your linked accounts list is displayed.
Renaming your accounts is quick and easy and can make transacting more convenient for you.
Find out how easy it is to manage your accounts online. Choose your account type:
To rename an account:
- Go to the "View Accounts" landing page.
- This is the first page you see when you log on to ANZ Internet Banking.
- If you cannot locate it go to the "Accounts" menu and select "View Accounts".
- Then click on the "Rename and reorder account list" link and follow the steps below.
Alternatively you can:
- Select the "Update Details" menu.
- Go to the "Internet Banking Settings" section.
- Click on the "Rename and reorder account list" link and follow the steps below.
|Step 1 - Select the relevant account to rename|
|Step 2 - Enter a new name for your account|
After clicking "Save" your account will display with it's new name throughout your ANZ Internet Banking service.
Use our faqs to find out more about renaming your accounts.
|Why should I rename my accounts?|
Renaming an account will help you identify it when making payments/transfers.
|Will renaming accounts also update the records of the bank?|
No. Renaming accounts will not change the official records of the bank. The new name that you have given to the account will only display throughout your ANZ Internet Banking session.
|If an Administrator renames an account will the Operators see these changes?|
|How do I customise my accounts as an ANZ Internet Banking for Business Operator?|
As an Operator, you cannot rename or reorder any accounts. This function is only available to the account holders and signatories of the accounts.
Need more help?
For further assistance please call the ANZ Internet Banking team on 13 33 50 (International callers: +61 3 9683 8833) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.