Informal overlimit service
We understand from time to time you may experience those unexpected situations where you prefer the flexibility to temporarily exceed your credit card limit. For credit card accounts opened on or after 18 June 2012, ANZ may do this where:
- you consent to being charged a $20 Overlimit Fee (charged at a maximum of once per statement period*); and
- the transaction and your circumstances meet certain criteria.
However even if you don't provide consent, ANZ may still process non-electronic transactions, direct debits or interest, fees and charges in excess of your credit limit, but you will not be charged a fee in these circumstances.
The fee will be charged once per statement cycle – only if you go overlimit. You can withdraw your consent at anytime.
To provide your consent simply follow instructions below.
*You will not be charged an Overlimit Fee if you hold an ANZ Access Basic Account and you have notified us of it.
To provide your consent
- Step 1 – Select your credit card.
- Step 2 – Select ‘Informal Overlimit Service’ option.
- Step 3 – Read ‘Introduction’ information.
If you are interested in providing your consent
- Step 4 – Select credit cards.
- Step 5 – Confirm you have read and understood the ‘What you need to know’ section by selecting the tick box.
- Step 6 – Click ‘submit’ button to confirm request.
To provide your consent:
Go to the ‘View accounts’ page. This is the first page you see when you log on to ANZ Internet.
You can locate it under the ‘Accounts’ menu and select ‘View Accounts’.
Select your credit card account by clicking on the account name.
Then click the ‘Informal Overlimit Service’ link at the top of the page and follow the steps below.
|Step 1 – Select your credit card|
|Step 2 - Select ‘Informal Overlimit Service’ option|
|Step 3 - Read ‘Introduction’ information|
|Step 4 - Select credit cards|
|Step 5 – Confirm you have read and understood the ‘How to provide consent’ section|
|Step 6 - Click ‘submit’ button to confirm request|
Need more help?
Would you like ANZ to provide you a overlimit service?
|How do I provide consent?|
Log onto ANZ Internet Banking or contact ANZ anytime on 13 22 73 or return the ‘Overlimit Fee Consent form'
|If I change my mind how do I withdraw my consent?|
To opt out (withdraw consent) complete the 'Overlimit Fee Opt Out/Withdraw Consent Form', call us on 13 22 73 or visit any ANZ branch.
|Informal Overlimit Service Forms|
Need more help?
- Choose another topic from the table of contents.
For further assistance please call the ANZ Internet Banking team on 13 33 50 (International callers: +61 3 9683 8833) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.