Terminate my term deposit early
We aim for our savings solutions to be as flexible as possible so we make it easy for you to request to withdraw all or part of your ANZ Term Deposit before the maturity date.
- You choose the withdrawal amount and the account to transfer the funds into, should the request be approved.
- The request gets submitted to us via a SecureMail.
- After you submit the request we'll contact you within 24-48 hours.
It's important to note that:
- any funds withdrawn early will earn a reduced interest rate than that which was originally agreed
- the money you leave in the term deposit will continue to earn the interest rate originally agreed
- there will also be an administration fee payable for any early withdrawn term deposits opened or reinvested on maturity from 6 December 2004.
- Step 1 - Enter your withdrawal details
- Step 2 - Enter your payment instructions
- Step 3 - Fill in your contact details
- Step 4 - Review your request
- Step 5 - Confirm your request
- What happens next?
- Important notes
To terminate your ANZ Term Deposit early:
- Go to the "View Accounts" landing page.
- This is the first page you see when you log on to ANZ Internet Banking.
- If you cannot locate it, go to the "Accounts" menu and select "View Accounts".
- Select your term deposit by clicking on the account name.
- Then click on the "Terminate your term deposit early" link at the top of the page.
|Step 1 - Enter your withdrawal details|
You can choose between two withdrawal options:
Option 1 - Withdraw the full amount of your term deposit
Option 2 - Withdraw part of your term deposit
|Step 2 - Enter your payment instructions|
|Step 3 - Fill in your contact details|
|Step 4 - Review your request|
Review all your information to ensure it is correct.
|Step 5 - Confirm your request|
When you are happy with the details provided, click the checkbox to acknowledge and accept the customer authorisation conditions.
|What happens next?|
Full or partial withdrawal of your ANZ Term Deposit is at the discretion of ANZ, and additional costs may apply.
Need more help?
Use our faqs to find out more about terminating your ANZ Term Deposit early.
|Will the request to terminate ANZ Term Deposit early process immediately?|
|Can I request early termination of the term deposit account partially?|
Yes, this function allows you to withdraw all or part of the existing amount of your ANZ Term Deposit prior to the maturity date.
|Can I transfer the withdrawn funds to a non-ANZ account directly?|
No. ANZ Internet Banking will only allow you to transfer the withdrawn funds to a linked ANZ account.
|Is there any cost associated with withdrawing the funds early?|
Yes. Where ANZ agrees to an early withdrawal, for ANZ Term Deposits opened or reinvested on maturity on or after 6 December 2004, an administration fee of $30 will be charged.
Need more help?
For further assistance please call the ANZ Internet Banking team on 13 33 50 (International callers: +61 3 9683 8833) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.