Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (ANZ Group) first established its presence in Indonesia in 1973 as ANZ Grindlays representative office. In 1993, ANZ Group took over Westpacs 85% stake in PT Westpac Panin and changed the name of the joint venture bank into PT ANZ Panin Bank.
In 2011, ANZ Group and Panin Bank both provided additional capital to PT ANZ Panin Bank, which increased the total capital to IDR 1.65 trillion (equal to AU $180 million) and a change in share ownership to 99% for ANZ Group and 1% for Panin Bank.
On 12 January 2012, the joint venture bank was renamed to PT Bank ANZ Indonesia (ANZ) to reflect the increase of ANZ Group’s shareholding in the Bank, as well as the Bank’s strong and continued commitment to Indonesia and our customers’ growth. This also reaffirms PT Bank ANZ Indonesia’s position as the largest Australian service sector investor in Indonesia.
Now, ANZ has 28 branches in 11 cities across Indonesia providing our customers with a full-fledged banking suite covering consumer finance including credit card, mortgages and personal loan and affluent banking, wealth management services, private banking, commercial banking and institutional banking where the Bank is particularly focused on natural resources, infrastructure and export industries.
ANZ is rated AAA (idn) by Fitch as per December 2011 and awarded the number one joint venture bank in Indonesia in 2011 by Infobank magazine.
Shareholding composition of PT Bank ANZ Indonesia (ANZ)
ANZ Banking Group Limited 99%
PT Panin Bank Tbk 1%
Our Key Milestones
- Name change from PT ANZ Panin Bank to PT Bank ANZ Indonesia
- ANZ launches ANZ Automated Solution
- ANZ provides a Trade Finance Loan Facility to PT Sariwangi Agricultural Estates Agency and PT Trijasa Prima International
- ANZ provides loan facility to Pelindo III
- ANZ provides PT Lintas Buana Taksi (Blue Bird Group) with Term Loan Facility
- Launching ANZ Travel Card
- Launching ORI 009.
- Launched ANZ Home Loan
- Launched ANZ Signature Priority Banking Infinite Card
- ANZ Manado branch relocation
- Launched ORI 008 product as an agent
- Launched ANZ Spend Smart Get Smart
- Launched ANZ Travel Smart
- Sponsored Disney Live!
- Launched Personal Loan 3-Day process
- Sponsored ANZ Ubud Writers and Readers Festival
- Sponsored Asean Golf Tournament 2011
- Held ANZ Indonesia Business Forum in Melbourne
- Held Festival Indonesia in Melbourne
- ANZ Commercial Banking Indonesia provides USD 7.5 million loan facility to PT Daikinaircon
- ANZ Commercial Banking Indonesia provides Trade Finance Loan Facility to Wirawan Group
- Participate in IABC Conference – Food & Water
- Participate in ASEAN Business & Investment Summit in Bali.
- Completed the acquisition of selected businesses of RBS and increased our branches to 28 branches in 11 cities across Indonesia provides its customers with a full-fledged banking suite covering retail banking, consumer finance, institutional banking commercial banking and private banking.
- Provided a bilateral loan of USD 50 million to Pamapersada.
- Provided a bilateral loan of IDR 130 billion to Ultrajaya.
- Launched our new ANZ brand
- Established our branch in Kelapa Gading, Jakarta
- Opened our branch in Pondok Indah, Jakarta
- Launched ANZ Priority Banking
- Opened our branch in Semarang
- Opened our branch in Pluit, Jakarta
- Opened our branch in Bandung
- Provided a bilateral loan of IDR 1 trillion to Telkomsel
- Provided a syndicated loan of USD 700 million to Pertamina
- Provided second syndicated loan of USD 500 million to Adaro Indonesia.
- Launched ANZ Femme Card
- Opened our branch in ANZ Tower, Jakarta
- Opened two branches in Surabaya
- Provided bilateral loan of USD 20 million to Petrosea
- Provided syndicated loan of USD 40 million to Kaltim Prima Coal
- Provided loan of USD 300 million to Bayan Resources.
- Launched ANZ Black Card
- Opened our branch in Medan
- Provided syndicated loan of USD 750 million to Adaro Indonesia.
- ANZ Group took over Westpacs 85% stake in PT Westpac Panin and changed the name of the joint venture bank into PT ANZ Panin Bank.
- Opened our branch in Senayan.
Awards and Recognition
- ANZ Wins “Indonesia Service to Care Award 2012” for Conventional Savings Category from Markplus Inc (27 January 2012).
- ANZ Call Centre Receives Two Prestigious Service Excellence Awards for ANZ Call Center Signature Priority Banking and ANZ Call Centre for General Banking from Marketeers (8 March 2012).
- ANZ Retail & Wealth as AIA’s Highest Net Sales Growth Recipient from AIA Indonesia (4 May 2012).
- ANZ Receives a Prestigious Services Quality Awards 2012 for its Retail Banking Business from AIA Indonesia (10 May 2012).
- ANZ Receives a Prestigious Award "Best Bank for Joint Venture" from Infobank (10 April 2012).