We provide trade risk solutions that aim to mitigate trade risk and give your business assurance and protection when importing and exporting.
There are a number of trade risks involved in import and export transactions
- Payment risk - that contracted payments are not received by the buyer or their bank
- Delivery risk - that the buyer does not obtain delivery of the goods after making payment to the seller
- Performance risk - that either the buyer or seller in a contract may not perform according to their agreed undertakings
- Foreign exchange risk - relating to fluctuations in foreign currency exchange rates (see our dedicated foreign exchange section).
ANZ's trade risk management solutions are used where one party to a transaction wants a financial 'guarantee' to support that transaction or a series of transactions. This provides confidence that contractual obligations will be honoured.
- Bank guarantees
- Standby letters of credit
- Documentary credits
- Bid bonds
- Performance bonds.
Any customer with a commercial contract expressed in foreign currency is exposed to foreign exchange risk and can benefit from ANZ solutions.
ANZ's foreign exchange risk solutions include
- foreign currency accounts
- foreign exchange contracts
- foreign currency options.
For trade risk solutions contact:
ANZ Trade Sales Centre on
To be referred to a relationship manager contact:
For businesses with turnover $5M to $40M
Business Direct Centre
For corporates and large corporates with turnover more than $40M
This product/service is suitable for businesses of all sizes.