1. What are the types of acceptable properties?
The following types of properties are eligible for this home loan:
- Owner occupied properties (first-hand fully completed or second-hand properties)
- Refinance of loan from another financial institution on an owner occupied property.
2. Can I take up this home loan for properties located in any cities in China?
Properties eligible for this home loan are owner-occupied residential properties in Shanghai, Guangzhou and Beijing.
3. What is pre-assessment?
Our mortgage specialist will work with you to understand your personal circumstances, your income, expenditure and the property you are looking to purchase and provide you with an indicative borrowing amount and pre-assessment.
4. Can I choose the loan tenures?
Yes. The loan tenures are as follows:
- For properties less than 5 years of age since construction completion, loan tenure can be up to 30 years
- For properties greater than 5 years of age since construction completion, loan tenure can be up to 20 years
- Properties must not exceed 25 years of age since construction completion. Heritage properties will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
5. How are my repayments calculated?
Interest is calculated using either the ‘straight line’ or ‘reducing balance’ method.
- Straight Line calculation – fixed monthly installment
- Reducing Balance calculation – unfixed monthly installment and fixed monthly principal installment.
6. What repayment methods are available for ANZ loan instalments?
We will automatically debit your current ANZ account for the instalment amount on the repayment due date.
7. Are there penalties if my installment repayment is late?
Yes, if you miss an installment or your repayment is late, you will be charged penalty interest for each day your repayment is in arrears, based on a daily rate.