In many cases, to steal your identity or to open new accounts in your name, thieves need look no further than your mailbox. Pre-approved credit offers and bills may be all they need. More sophisticated methods involve skimming or copying your card at an ATM.
To reduce your risk of fraud, put these safety tips into action.To reduce the risk, just follow these simple guidelines.
Using ATMs Safely
- Memorise your PIN. Never write it down or keep it with you, even if it’s hidden.
- When using an ATM, cover the keypad when entering your PIN.
- Keep an eye out for people looking over your shoulder.
- If you see anything strange or suspicious at an ATM, notify ANZ immediately.
Protecting Your Mail
- Collect all mail promptly. Don’t leave it sitting in your mailbox overnight or
- Consider fitting a lock on your mailbox, or renting a mailbox from the Post