When you deal with ANZ, ANZ is likely to collect and use some information about you. ANZ explains below when and how ANZ may collect and use your information. References to 'ANZ Group' in this clause mean ANZ and its related bodies corporate.
ANZ may collect your information:
- to provide information about a product or service;
- to consider your request for a product or service;
- to provide you with a product or service;
- to tell you about other products or services;
- to assist in arrangements with other organisations (such as loyalty partners) in relation to the promotion and provision of a product or service;
- to perform administrative and operational tasks (including, for ANZ Group: risk management, debt collection, systems development and testing, credit scoring, staff training, and market or customer satisfaction research);
- to prevent or investigate any fraud or crime (or a suspected fraud or crime); and
- as required by relevant laws, regulations, Codes and external payment systems.
If you do not provide some or all of the information requested, ANZ may be unable to provide you with a product or service.
ANZ may provide your information to:
- another member of ANZ Group;
- any outsourced service provider to ANZ Group (for example mailing houses or debt collection agencies);
- an alliance partner for the purpose of promoting or using its products or services (and any of its outsourced service providers);
- regulatory bodies, government agencies, law enforcement bodies and courts;
- other parties ANZ Group is authorised or required by law to disclose information to;
- participants in the payments system (including payment organisations and merchants) and other financial institutions (such as banks);
- insurers and reinsurers;
- any person who introduces you to ANZ;
- your referee(s);
- your employer;
- your representative (for example your lawyer, mortgage broker, attorney or executor).
Where relevant, ANZ may also give your personal information (including information about your credit worthiness, history, standing or capacity) to:
- any credit reporting agency;
- any contractor or service provider ANZ engages to carry out or assist its functions and activities;
- any credit provider insofar as your personal information is given:
- to assess your credit application;
- to assess your credit worthiness;
- to help you avoid a default on your obligations;
- to tell a credit provider of any default you have made; or
- for any other purpose you agree to.
Where you do not want the ANZ Group or ANZ's alliance partners to tell you about their products or services, you may withdraw your consent by calling 13 13 14
Subject to the provisions of the Privacy Act, you may access your personal information at any time by asking to do so at any ANZ branch or by calling 13 13 14
. ANZ may charge you a reasonable fee for access. If you can show that information about you is not accurate, complete and up to date, ANZ must take reasonable steps to ensure it is accurate, complete and up to date.
ANZ will not collect sensitive information about you, such as health information, without your consent.
The use and disclosure of your personal information applies to any personal information collected by ANZ in the course of your relationship with ANZ.
If you give ANZ information about someone else, please show them a copy of this clause so that they may understand the manner in which their information may be used or shared by ANZ Group.
By ticking the 'I accept' box below:
- I acknowledge that I have read and understood the above privacy and confidentiality declaration; and
- I consent to ANZ collecting and disclosing my personal information in the manner described, and all matters set out, in the above privacy and confidentiality declaration.