Definitions and Interpretations
(1) In these terms and conditions the following words have the meanings set out below, unless the context requires otherwise.
'Account Holder' means the person in whose name a Card account is kept and who is responsible for all transactions on the Card account.
'Additional Cardholder' means a person to whom a Card is issued, at the request of the Account Holder and who is authorised to transact on the Card account.
'ANZ' means Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (ABN 11 005 357 522).
'Balance Transfer' means where funds are credited to another credit, charge or store card account held by you or a third party which is not an ANZ account.
'BPAY' means BPAY Pty Ltd (ABN 69 079 137 518).
'Bonus Partner' includes Qantas and any person who enters an agreement with ANZ in relation to the provision of Bonus Points to Account Holders and may include ANZ.
'Bonus Points' means the extra Points that are earned in respect of the acquisition of qualifying goods and services from Bonus Partners in addition to the standard Points earned for spend on ANZ Frequent Flyer.
'Card' means an ANZ credit card which is a:
- (a) Classic Card;
- (b) Gold Card;
- (c) Platinum Card; or
- (d) other card notified to the relevant Account Holders as being a card to which these terms and conditions relate.
'Cardholder' means, in relation to a Card account, the Account Holder and each Additional Cardholder.
'Cash Equivalent Transaction' means a transaction that is treated as a cash advance including, but not limited to, transfers to or from other financial institutions, foreign exchange, travellers cheque and gambling chip purchases, and utility bills paid in person at a bank or Australia Post or any bills paid using the Card in conjunction with the BPAY scheme (if the billing merchant does not accept credit card payment using the BPAY scheme).
'Classic Card' means a Card that is an 'ANZ Frequent Flyer American Express®', 'ANZ Frequent Flyer Visa' or such other Card as may be notified to Account Holders as being a Classic Card for the purposes of these terms and conditions.
'Gold Card' means a Card that is an 'ANZ Frequent Flyer Gold American Express', 'ANZ Frequent Flyer Visa Gold' or such other Card as may be notified to Account Holders as being a Gold Card for the purposes of these terms and conditions.
'Platinum Card' means a Card that is an 'ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum American Express', 'ANZ Frequent Flyer Visa Platinum' or such other Card as may be notified to Account Holders as being a Platinum Card for the purposes of these terms and conditions.
'Point' means a Qantas Frequent Flyer point added to or subtracted from a Points Record in accordance with these terms and conditions.
'Points Record' means a record established by ANZ in the name of an Account Holder for the purpose of calculating the Account Holder's Points entitlements.
'Points Summary' means a report issued to an Account Holder, either as part of their regular credit card statement or separately, detailing the Points Record for a given period, in accordance with these terms and conditions.
'Qantas' means Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) or any of its agents or contractors from time to time.
'Qantas Frequent Flyer program' means the frequent flyer program operated by or on behalf of Qantas.
'Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number' means the Qantas Frequent Flyer program membership number which is in the name of the Account Holder.
'You' and 'Your' means the Account Holder.
Other expressions used in these terms and conditions which are not defined here have the same meaning as in the ANZ Credit Cards Conditions of Use which are provided to the Account Holder on opening a Card account. Copies of the ANZ Credit Cards Conditions of Use are available from ANZ branches, at www.anz.com or by telephoning ANZ on 13 22 73.
Reward Terms and Conditions
(2) Subject to clause 3, ANZ may amend or terminate these terms and conditions and any terms and conditions on www.anz.com at any time by giving You at least 30 days notice:
- (i) in writing; or
- (ii) by an advertisement in a newspaper(s) circulating in your State or Territory.
(3) ANZ reserves the right to amend the number of Points you could earn per dollar spent and add and remove Bonus Partners without prior notice. Bonus Partners also reserve the right to make any changes, at any time without prior notice, to the goods or services in relation to which Bonus Points are awarded and the number of Points which You will receive as a result of a Cardholder acquiring such goods or services.
(4) You will be bound by these terms and conditions and any terms and conditions on www.anz.com when you accept your credit card contract.
(5) If You fail to comply with these terms and conditions or You or Your Additional Cardholder give incorrect information to ANZ, ANZ may cancel Points in your Points Record.
Use of Information
(6) Qantas and ANZ may seek, collect, use, store or disclose for the following purposes information about transactions or events resulting in Points being credited or debited in your Points Record, information about the number of Points being credited or debited, information about the number of Points accumulated by You and any information relating to the Card, Card account, transactions on the Card account or related terms and conditions that You disclose to Qantas or ANZ. The purposes are:
- (a) administering the Card, Card account and these terms and conditions;
- (b) providing, performing or arranging for the provision or performance of services relating to the Card, Card account and these terms and conditions; and
- (c) planning, research and the promotion and marketing (whether targeted, direct or indirect) of goods, services and products of Qantas and ANZ and any other Bonus Partner.
(7) By using the Card, each Cardholder specifically authorises Qantas, ANZ and Bonus Partners, and any of their respective agents and contractors to seek access to, collect and use that information and disclose that information between themselves for the above purposes, provided that no Bonus Partner (except Qantas and ANZ) will have access to the Cardholder's name and address.
(8) Each Cardholder may obtain access to stored information relating to that Cardholder and may obtain access to and correct that information by calling ANZ on 13 22 73. A fee may apply for this service.
(9) An outlet may cease to be a Bonus Partner, and additional outlets may become Bonus Partners at any time.
(10) ANZ may cancel or suspend Points in a Points Record if the Card account is in arrears, suspension or default, or if the Card account is, or is reasonably suspected by ANZ to be, operated fraudulently.
(11) Points in a Points Record at the time of death of the Account Holder will be cancelled and may not be claimed by any other person.
(12) Neither Qantas nor ANZ will be responsible for correspondence lost or delayed in the mail. Any Points Summary or notice will be deemed to have been given to the Account Holder if posted to the Account Holder's mailing address.
(13) Neither Cards nor Points may be sold or transferred in any way.
(14) Points are governed by and subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
(15) If ANZ closes Your Card account, ANZ will notify the Account Holder of such closure.
(16) Use of the Card and Card account is governed by the ANZ Credit Cards Conditions of Use.
(17) Subject to clause 10, if ANZ or the Account Holder closes the Card account, Points will continue to be awarded under these terms and conditions in relation to transactions occurring prior to the date of closure, provided that ANZ receives notice of the transaction and the Account Holder's Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number within 60 days after the date of closure. No Points will be awarded in relation to transactions notified to ANZ after that date. If ANZ does not receive the Account Holder's Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number within 60 days after the date of closure, the Points in the Points Record in respect of the Card as at that date will be cancelled and may not be credited to a Qantas Frequent Flyer program account.
(18) If these terms and conditions are terminated, Points will continue to be awarded in accordance with these terms and conditions in relation to transactions occurring prior to the date of termination, provided that ANZ receives notice of the transaction and the Account Holder's Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number within 90 days after the date of closure. No Points will be awarded in relation to transactions notified to ANZ after that date.
- (a) You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem Points. A joining fee may apply. Membership of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program is subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. Please refer to www.qantas.com/frequentflyer or call the Qantas Frequent Flyer Service Centre on 13 11 31 for a copy.
- (b) Points earned by using Your Card or Card account are credited to Your Qantas Frequent Flyer program account after each statement period. Only whole Points are credited. Portions of Points are carried over until they can be credited as whole Points.
- (c) The number of Points earned in a given period appears on an Account Holder's Points Summary for that period, and may include Points that have not been credited to a Qantas Frequent Flyer program account.
- (d) Qantas Frequent Flyer points that are available to be redeemed appear in an Account Holder's Qantas Frequent Flyer program account and can be obtained by referring to www.qantas.com/frequentflyer or by calling the Qantas Frequent Flyer Service Centre on 13 11 31.
(20) The number of Points you could earn per dollar spent may vary according to the type of Card you have (including whether the Card is your ANZ Frequent Flyer American Express Card or your Visa Card). ANZ will advise you in writing of the number of Points you could earn per dollar spent at the time of opening Your Card account and at any time where the number of Points you could earn per dollar spent decreases. Call 13 22 73 for the number of Points you currently earn per dollar spent.
(21) There is no limit on the number of Bonus Points You may earn in any month.
- (a) Points will not accrue in relation to interest charges, premiums paid for ANZ Credit Card Insurance, government charges, bank fees, Card account adjustments resulting from disputed transactions or otherwise, Balance Transfers, cash advances and Cash Equivalent Transactions.
- (b) Please ensure, by calling 13 22 73, ANZ has Your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number so that Points can be credited to Your Qantas Frequent Flyer account. If ANZ has not been notified of Your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number within 12 months after the date of opening Your Card account, You will be entitled to claim Points only in relation to transactions made during the 12 months immediately preceding the date You notify ANZ of Your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number. Points will not accrue in relation to any earlier transactions. Please note that under clause 10, if ANZ or the Account Holder closes the Card account and ANZ does not receive the Account Holder's Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number within 60 days after the date of closure, the Points in the Points Record in respect of the Card as at that date will be cancelled and may not be credited to a Qantas Frequent Flyer program account.
- (c) Points will not accrue if Your Card account is suspended or if You or any Additional Cardholder breach these terms and conditions or the ANZ Credit Cards Conditions of Use.
(23) You will earn Bonus Points as a result of You or Your Additional Cardholder using a Card or Your Card account to purchase qualifying goods or services from a Bonus Partner in Australia or in other locations where specified on www.anz.com. ANZ will, by agreement with Bonus Partners, determine which goods or services are qualifying goods or services. These will be specified on www.anz.com or other communication from ANZ.
(24) Bonus Partners other than ANZ are not responsible for the management, operation or administration of the ANZ Frequent Flyer reward program.
(25) Points are awarded to Account Holders and not to Additional Cardholders.
(26) Points may also be earned in relation to promotions and incentives offered by Qantas, ANZ or other Bonus Partners from time to time.
(27) Despite any clause to the contrary, ANZ and Qantas reserve the right to establish additional means of earning and accruing Points, including but not limited to varying the amount of Points earned per dollar spent for selected Account Holders from time to time.
(28) When the Cardholder obtains a refund or reimbursement for charges previously incurred (for example, for returned merchandise) a 'credit' is issued to the Card account in the amount of the reimbursement granted. Such credits posted to the Card account, including but not limited to those arising from returned goods or services, will reduce the Points accrued to the Card account in proportion to the adjustment. The number of Points deducted from your account will be calculated by reference to the rate at which you were earning Points at the time the reimbursement was granted.
(29) You will have no recourse against any Bonus Partner in respect of Points recorded in Your Points Record. There will be no compensation for Points which are cancelled or deemed by ANZ to have expired.
(30) Points will accrue approximately monthly based on the relevant Card account billing cycle which is dependent upon the calendar month and use of the relevant Card or Card account in the previous month.
(31) Requests for missing Points must be notified to ANZ within six months after the relevant transaction has appeared on the Account Holder's credit card statement of account. Your request will be investigated and ANZ will be the final arbiter in the event of any dispute. ANZ may adjust Points Records at any time for any reason with or without notice even though changes may affect Points already accumulated.
Qantas Bonus Points
(32) You will earn Bonus Points when you use your Card to purchase selected goods and services directly from Qantas in Australia (i.e. where Qantas, and not its agent, is identified as the merchant on the credit card transaction). Bonus Points are not earned on expenditure relating to Qantas Freight, Qantas Staff Travel, Jetset Travelworld, the Jetstar Group of Companies or goods and services supplied by Qantas Frequent Flyer program partners unless otherwise notified.
(33) Subject to clause 32, You will earn the number of Bonus Points per dollar spent as published on www.anz.com for every dollar charged to the Card when You or Your Additional Cardholder purchase from Qantas in Australia: Qantas flights, Qantas Club membership. You will also earn one Bonus Point for every dollar charged to the Card for purchases from Qantas Travel.
ANZ Bonus Points
(34) This clause has been removed.
(35) ANZ Insurance
- (a) For an Account Holder to obtain Bonus Points for ANZ insurance products a Cardholder must pay the initial and subsequent premiums using a Card.
- (b) Eligible insurances arranged through ANZ will attract Bonus Points on each premium payment (whether annually or monthly). Bonus Points will be earned at the rate shown on www.anz.com from time to time.
- (c) No Bonus Points are earned in the case of insurance products arranged by ANZ through a licensed broker's representative.
American Express is a registered trademark of American Express. This card is issued by Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited pursuant to a license from American Express.