Our Corporate Responsibility (CR) targets have been set to support our business strategy and the long-term commitments set out in our CR framework. We report our progress regularly to our stakeholders via our monthly e-bulletin, interim and annual reports.
- Improve customer satisfaction and achieve the No. 1 or 2 position amongst major banks in our core markets for our Retail, Commercial and Institutional businesses.
- Resolve 90% of customer complaints within 5 business days.
- Implement across Australia our hardship awareness tools, which will help customers in distress by enabling our staff to identify at risk customers, and offer them targeted advice and support.
- Increase our lower-carbon gas and renewables power generation lending by 15-20% by 2020 (Project and Structured finance specific).
- Improve our ability to manage social & environmental risks by specialised training for a further 1,000 lending staff; and train 200 senior staff in our Sustainability Leadership Program.
- Improve employee engagement to a target rate of 73% in 2013, with a long term target of 83%.
- Improve perceptions of “values-based leadership” to 70%, with a long term target of 80%.
- Achieve a 1% increase in the representation of women in management in 2013, with a medium term goal of 40% and a long term target of 45% representation.
- Protect the health and safety of our staff by reducing LTIFR by 10% in Australia, 5-10% in New Zealand, and maintaining LTIFR of below 1 per million hours worked in our International business.
- Further our support for the communities we operate in by volunteering 100,000 hours globally.
- Help increase the social and economic inclusion of traditionally excluded groups and those from disadvantaged backgrounds, by offering 230 roles through traineeships, graduate program and permanent employment.
- Play a leadership role in advancing women in society and improving cultural diversity in business through high profile business, government and community partnerships.
- Help increase financial inclusion by introducing mobile phone banking in Papua New Guinea, Vanuatu, Samoa and Solomon Islands with a view to reaching 50,000 customers.
- Reduce the cost of remittances by increasing customer usage of our lower cost Pacific Money Transfer Card.
- Increase reach of Australia’s largest financial education and savings program, MoneyMinded, by a further 40,000 participants.
- Enrol at least 4,750 people in our Saver Plus program in Australia to achieve our 2014 target of 14,250.
- Reduce customer paper use by making electronic statements and communications available to Retail and Commercial customers in Australia and New Zealand.
- Achieve our 2013 environmental targets in Australia and New Zealand: greenhouse gas, premises energy, commercial waste, water, paper and air travel.
- Establish performance baseline and set a global energy reduction target.
- Screen, audit and report on the agreement of our key suppliers with ANZ’s Supplier Code of Practice, and report on engagement and remediation activities.