ANZ’s Board has formal responsibility and oversight of ANZ’s approach to and strategies for ensuring corporate responsibility is integrated into overall business performance.
Progress made on programs and initiatives that support our CR targets and objectives is reported to ANZ’s Board of Directors. Each year, the performance assessment of each of our Directors includes a requirement to have due regard to our CR objectives in performing their duties. Annually, they formally review progress against the targets and discuss related opportunities and challenges.
Each Board Committee is assigned formal responsibility for specific aspects of our CR strategy including:
- The Risk Committee – which has formal responsibility for the overview of ANZ’s management of new and emerging risks including social, environmental and reputational risk.
- The Human Resources Committee – which has formal responsibility for ANZ’s management of talent attraction and retention, diversity, health and safety, and also monitors employee engagement and development.
- The Audit Committee – which has formal responsibility for oversight of internal communications of ANZ’s Employee Code of Conduct and Ethics.
- The Governance Committee – which is responsible for monitoring the effectiveness of our diversity policy to the extent relating to Board diversity and approving objectives for achieving gender diversity to the Board.
Corporate Responsibility and Diversity Committee
At the executive management level, our Corporate Responsibility and Diversity Committee (CRD) is chaired by our CEO, Mike Smith, and made up of Group Executives with accountability for the businesses and issues most relevant to our CR and diversity strategies. The Committee meets bi-monthly to discuss the most material risks and opportunities for advancing the Group's agenda and priorities.
The committee meets six times each year. Its purpose is to:
- advise Management Board and other governance bodies on strategies to address risks and opportunities related to this agenda at a Group and divisional level.
- agree our corporate responsibility and diversity strategies, policies and targets.
- monitor progress on strategies and targets, and escalate issues, barriers, challenges and opportunities that may affect desired outcomes and results.
- ensure leading practice in the management and disclosure of corporate responsibility and diversity issues and opportunities, progress and results.
- ensure consistency and alignment of Group and divisional corporate responsibility and diversity agendas and activities.
These responsibilities have been formalised in our CRD Committee Charter (PDF 36kB)
Progress on strategies to achieve the Group's Corporate Responsibility targets are reported bi-monthly to the Management Board and quarterly to the Board of Directors.
You need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. You can download Adobe Reader free of charge.