Remuneration and benefits
ANZ aims to provide market competitive pay and rewards to attract, motivate and retain the highest quality, best connected and most respected people for our team. Our remuneration and benefits are structured to reward people for their individual and collective contribution to our success, for demonstrating our values in their actions and decisions, and for creating and enhancing value for all ANZ stakeholders.
The Human Resources Committee of the ANZ Board reviews annual performance and remuneration outcomes to ensure there is no unconscious or systemic bias (for example in relation to gender) in related processes and outcomes.
Employee pay generally comprises cash salary, a superannuation contribution and the remainder as nominated benefits. Fixed remuneration is reviewed annually based on individual performance and market data.
A large proportion of ANZ employees are also eligible to participate in ANZ's variable remuneration plans whereby performance is assessed against a balanced scorecard of performance objectives and demonstration of ANZ’s core values. To help build a high performing team, rewards are differentiated for our strongest performers, and are designed to align remuneration with prudent risk taking providing relevant employees with ‘at-risk’ reward components designed to drive performance in both the short-term and medium to long-term. ANZ’s company performance also impacts individual payments.
We have a range of benefits available to employees which are aligned to market practice within each geography where ANZ operates. For example, current benefits for eligible employees in Australia include:
- Flexible working arrangements, including flexible start and finish times, part time work, job sharing, flexible work location, lifestyle leave, career breaks, paid parental leave and a childcare allowance for employees returning from parental leave
- Health and wellbeing programs
- Employee banking discounts on ANZ products and services
- Salary sacrifice benefits, including car parking and superannuation contributions
- Workplace giving program, where ANZ matches employee contributions to selected charities and not-for-profit organisations
- Access to a range of non-ANZ discounted products and services.